Author Topic: A long shot! I am looking for my grandfather Alexander Malcolm Truelove  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A long shot!
« Reply #18 on: Friday 20 July 18 21:21 BST (UK) »
Neither could I but probate was there - weird

The only thing I can think of is it's the death in South Glamorgan (Date of birth unknown) the year after - but why it wasn't registered for nearly a year is beyond me

Gosh, I hadn’t thought of that, not in recent times anyway. I have a death of a baby on 6 April 1841, buried on 11 April, death not registered til 2 July. Definitely her though, even the GRO thought it was strange. She was the 2nd baby to die too, so not that they didn’t know what to do.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 20 July 18 21:24 BST (UK) »
Could he have died elsewhere but be registered in Cardiff? Just that the probate doesn’t say where he died, only where he was living.

Edited to say none of the others on the same page say anything other than the address either, so my memory of others is wrong.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 20 July 18 21:30 BST (UK) »
Strangely I can’t see his probate entry on the gov.uk site 🤔

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 20 July 18 23:12 BST (UK) »
Been answered before, but it is on the gov.uk site, in the 1984 Calendars. Although place of death is not confirmed.

TRUELOVE, Alexander Malcolm of 52 Tudor St Cardiff South Glam died 15 July 1981 Administration Winchester 25 September Not Exceeding ...

Free BMD have probably not completed transcriptions?

Mark

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 20 July 18 23:25 BST (UK) »
Found it now thanks; I hadn’t changed the tab at the top to 1858 - 1996 but as it returned an entry for 1984 (but not Alexander) i assumed it wasn’t there 🙄

Can’t post snip to show what i mean....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 20 July 18 23:28 BST (UK) »
Snip now attached.... and removed cos of the size 🤣

Offline iolaus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 21 July 18 19:31 BST (UK) »
Just saw on another thread that deaths can't be registered till after an inquest so maybe thats why it took a year

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 21 July 18 19:44 BST (UK) »
Just saw on another thread that deaths can't be registered till after an inquest so maybe thats why it took a year

Wow, thought you couldn’t be buried until the death was registered. Learn something new every day 😀

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 22 July 18 00:55 BST (UK) »

Wow, thought you couldn’t be buried until the death was registered. Learn something new every day 😀

you can apply for an interim death certificate and can use that to bury the person and for probate then at the inquest the coroner decides what is put on the certificate and the full death certificate is issued.

A very close member of my family died and it took 4 months to get an interim death certificate so the funeral could take place then it took 2 years for the inquest to take place and the death certificate to be issued

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk