Author Topic: Are these two ladies the same Melissa Pence  (Read 684 times)

Offline Lori_601

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Are these two ladies the same Melissa Pence
« on: Sunday 01 July 18 21:36 BST (UK) »
I apologize if this is not the correct board to ask this, I'm new and trying to learn my way around the site.  I recently gained access to a ton of family photos, which sadly most are not labeled and we are debating about these two.  I know who one of them is and some of us think the other is the same woman, some of don't.  What is your opinion?

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
Re: Are these two ladies the same Melissa Pence
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 July 18 11:06 BST (UK) »
Nose & chin are different so not the same woman in my view.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 July 18 11:10 BST (UK) »
if you can alter exposure on the top image to see if she has that large mole on her forehead that the woman in the second one does.
I don't think so though. The top image has very deep frown lines, and the other has none. You would think they would be permanently there by her age

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 July 18 11:22 BST (UK) »
My initial thought was that it was the same lady. The cheek bones seem the same -- I do think the chin looks the same.

Is it a 'mole' on the second one? If so - that's definitely not on the first one.

The frown lines on the first one may be because she is screwing her eyes up against the sun, as it's an outdoors shot.

If it isn't the same lady -- there seems to be a family resemblance -- to my inexperienced eyes.

(I realise this doesn't help at all in reaching a decision -- sorry !!)
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Lori_601

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 July 18 13:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you to those who have replied so far.  The consensus seems to be you all are as confused as I was with some yes and some no.  Ha  The first picture was found online and labeled that it was Melissa Pence.  She bears resemblance to a couple of her daughters and other family members so I didn't have a reason to doubt it.  The second picture I found in a box of old photos and in one she is sitting next to my great grandmother. (I KNOW it is my great grandma)  The one I posted she is in the same outfit, same room, etc but she's just alone instead of beside my great grandma.  Someone had written on the back Aunt D and great grandma.  My assumption with the person who wrote that was a generation earlier than me and Aunt D would be my great grandmother Della (not pictured in this thread) and the "great grandma" would be my g g grandmother Melissa.  But there was just enough difference to make me wonder.