Author Topic: 40 short of a full House  (Read 640 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
40 short of a full House
« on: Monday 02 July 18 12:38 BST (UK) »
I have actually got a lot more in certain areas... up to 12th and on in some

BUT assessing where I am in general -  with two lines that were illegitimate and untraceable.

I have 88 5th verified GG's

at least mostly verified.. am in the throes of double double triple checking and certificating..

If I can do that up to 6th then I will be content with what I have got for the kids to see :)

But I am Happy and that is what matters. :)

xin

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: 40 short of a full House
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 July 18 19:00 BST (UK) »
That's an impressive number!

I'm a little short of your research. I know 78 5xG Grandparents, although some are only known by their given names.

It's probably because the illegitimacies are a little closer to home. ;D

I have, though, been lucky with some illegitimacies. There are a couple of Bastardy Bonds, and one where the father was named on the marriage certificate, even though he had cleared off 20 years earlier.

Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: 40 short of a full House
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 July 18 20:34 BST (UK) »
Oh I would love that ---- I haven't got too many 'Important' illegitimates..   (gosh that sounds awful --)  maybe I mean direct line..

I have my Charles who we manage to find a baptism for in Brixworth on here years ago and then nada... BUT bless him he carried a pic of his Mother around and he shared his home with his sister - so I know he had links with the family .. but NO luck with a Bastardy Bond.... so even though I managed to trace an 87% (ha ha ) link for his Mother.. I have nothing at all for his Father  .. apart from guessessssss.

Then there is my Fred who I am never going to conclusively prove he belongs to JRP as I had hoped and the DNA ... results   are making me even more doubtful on that one.. :(  such a niggle..

I also have Walter.. who's Mummy was a little wayward... with no Daddy named for any of her 4 children.. and NO Bastardy bonds.. but I have an awful feeling with that one.. frightening really.... well its more than a feeling  - the findings so far - I keep filing... :( :(

So I am lucky really those are the ones I would love to find.. but the 3- 27th cousins are not too worrying.
 ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
xin