Poll

What Country is your main research centred on ?

England and Wales
1818 (49.8%)
Ireland
750 (20.5%)
Scotland
688 (18.8%)
Emmigrants
244 (6.7%)
Immigrants
151 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 2501

Author Topic: What Country is your research ?  (Read 283656 times)

Offline Coppice67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What Country is your research ?
« Reply #738 on: Saturday 25 June 16 19:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sandra for your warm welcome.
Hazelgrove, Haselgrove, Mills, Searle, Jackson, Glue & Glew.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: Wednesday 20 July 16 18:37 BST (UK) »
I need more options than two ! My grandmother.s paternal family came from Latvia stayed in England then mostly went to USA

Except her birth father who ended up in Wales his
 sister lived in Scotland all her married life.

My paternal grandfather was born in Scotland but his siblings went to south Africa new Zealand Australia and USA
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 04:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello RootsChatters,

It has been 6 months tonight since we launched RootsChat to the world and we have watched it grow faster than we have ever imagined !!

We would love to find out more about the people who use the site and the areas that you are researching.

Please let us know which the main area of research for you.

We love your input !

RootsChat :D
Hi there rootschat, at present my main place of enquiries and replies are in Wales. Also I am trying and hopeing that I can get back to a few people that I believe are my relations, they are Jenkins owned the tinworks and Williams..thank you Diane.

Offline Aussie Roy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: Thursday 29 December 16 11:11 GMT (UK) »
I found the site in 2007 and was a regular in the chat room. As my tree grew I didn't use it so often. Now I only use it for brickwalls.  Mainly searching England & Wales. I have not found any Scottish or Irish ancestors. I do have a couple of lines untouched as yet. Hugenots and Walloons. Champelovier from France but I can't find the link across the channel.  Du Soleil from Belgium too. One day I might make the effort. John Champelovier may or may nor have been born in England about 1740. Jean Du Soleil was born in England 1718.  One day..........
Allen(Dorset),Barker(Essex), Batham, Burris, Champelovier(London, Clark (Suffolk), Clay (London), Elliott (Wilts), Faith (Sussex), Hawes (London), Heinemann (Germany),  Hussey (Dorset), Mason (London), Myers (Yorks/Lancs), Parker (Yorks), Phillips(Hamps),  Smith,(Wilts) Wingate (Sussex) , Wiseman, Townson Yorks), Want(Wilts) and more

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 05:21 GMT (UK) »
Is this tally still going on ?

i HAVE people in all categories ..tho only 2 irish connections so far

Latvian records missing fot tthe year of birth of ggfather but have seen mother+ " siblings  death record.
+ we saw name of father + gfather given on some records
baby ...son of ....J ....Y .....son of Leib Fellman

have marriage of  Samuel Fellmans to 2nd wife
his first wife died in Latvia but her maiden name occurs almost a century later on the scottish death cert
Rebecca Bloch mother m name Edith Landmann
(angliscised fromGeis Aida )

The strict adherence to custom of child naming

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: Saturday 21 January 17 07:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello RootsChatters,

It has been 6 months tonight since we launched RootsChat to the world and we have watched it grow faster than we have ever imagined !!

We would love to find out more about the people who use the site and the areas that you are researching.

Please let us know which the main area of research for you.

We love your input !

RootsChat :D
Hi there rootschat, at present my main place of enquiries and replies are in Wales. Also I am trying and hopeing that I can get back to a few people that I believe are my relations, they are Jenkins owned the tinworks and Williams..thank you Diane.

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: Saturday 21 January 17 08:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Troops,
 iam Australia based but my main enquiries are thru the British Isles - England, Scotland and Ireland.
However I will follow any lead that may break down my brick walls.
Herweg - Woltwiesche - Germany.
McClure - Donegal - Northern Ireland, Scotland and Victoria Australia.
Gilbert - Shirehampton - England and Victoria and Queensland Australia.
Creighton - Donegal - Nth Ireland - Cumbria - England and Victoria Australia
Patullo - Perthshire Scotland and Victoria Australia.
McLean - Renfrewshire Scotland
Shannon - Londonderry Nth Ireland, Scotland and South Aust/Victoria Australia.

Cheers
Jack Gee
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

Offline AISLINN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: Friday 24 February 17 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Forgive me if I am  on  incorrect page/topic...  But,  I just  stumbled  on  to this  page  to  realise  that it  must be  at  least  twelve years, possibly more  since I posted  here.   I was   researching   some of my  ancestors from Co. Kilkenny and  Kilkenny  Tipperary  borders  area.   Had  quite a  lot of  information,  but  lost interest.  I guess it was  mainly  because of  obstacles  that   hindered  my  search.   Mainly  getting  access to  records.  So I will  just   wander  about and see  can I re-kindle my efforts to  complete  get to know  more  about  the generations that  have  gone  before me.    Aislinn.. :D   ::)   ;)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: Friday 03 March 17 08:37 GMT (UK) »
just found some more o'may relatives and other names associated with them, such as templeton, moodie or mudie flett, bell, amongst others and in such far flung places as newzealand california, transvaal, india,& rhodesia.
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet