Poll

What Country is your main research centred on ?

England and Wales
1665 (50.6%)
Ireland
659 (20%)
Scotland
607 (18.4%)
Emmigrants
227 (6.9%)
Immigrants
134 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 2257

Author Topic: What Country is your research ?  (Read 190377 times)

Offline Lensmeister

• RootsChat Member
  • Searching Family History & WTFC info
    • View Profile
    • WTFC History Blog
Re: What Country is your research ?
« Reply #765 on: Sunday 04 February 18 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Main countries of interest are many.  My Father's side being Scottish and his G/F a Master Mariner many countries as well as maritime records are of interest.  On my Mother's side they came for Praque in Austria as it was then.
Pleased to hear RootsChat is growing, an excellent site and most helpful.
Regards
clancam37.

I set up an Austrian Genealogy group on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/272740293132370/?ref=bookmarks which is doing well. now.
Hugkulstone: All
Stogdon, Preedy, Harris, Jenkins, Thaler, Vail, Brown (Whitby), Browne (Sussex), Infield, Feldwick, Knowles, Dodman, Nicholls, Anderson, Dell, Brooker, Purvey, Gibb, Cox. Wifes Side:Burningham, Hill, Sanger, Morrison, Mulholland, Legg, Lake, Ewence, Gurd, Bowden.
And Whitby Town Players.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Robin Orchard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: Sunday 04 February 18 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello RootsChatters,

It has been 6 months tonight since we launched RootsChat to the world and we have watched it grow faster than we have ever imagined !!

We would love to find out more about the people who use the site and the areas that you are researching.

Please let us know which the main area of research for you.

We love your input !

RootsChat :D

My husband had Russian/Polish ancestry - how can I research this through Roots?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 21:34 GMT (UK) »
i have found sections of my family tree on places that I would not have dreamed of looking
south Africa, Rhodesia I know some moved to Australia and new Zealand south Carolina but there is also Holland Belgium
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown batton
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet