Author Topic: Joseph william carrington  (Read 2384 times)

Offline fauxy lady

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph william carrington
« on: Tuesday 03 July 18 13:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am looking for help to find out a few things firstly a death for Joseph William Carrington who was born in middlsex in 1763 and I suspect died between 1802 and 1828.
Also a death date for his wife Charlotte nee Buckingham.
The other is anything on a daughter Elizabeth Carrington born between 1895 and 1802 probably in Middlesex.
Also how did Joseph's only son go from son of a wealthy attorney living in Mount Street Grovenor Square to a shoemaker in Kidderminster? Fauxy Lady

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph william carrington
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 13:34 BST (UK) »
 ;D

Morning Chronicle 13 October 1808
Died
Yesterday Mr. Joseph Carrington, solicitor, late of Mount- Street, Grosvenor-square.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 13:57 BST (UK) »
Also how did Joseph's only son go from son of a wealthy attorney living in Mount Street Grovenor Square to a shoemaker in Kidderminster? Fauxy Lady

Joseph junr appears to have had his own business.   Maybe Charlotte spent all of Joseph Seniors money. 

Offline fauxy lady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 July 18 12:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you Rosie 99. I am currently trying to discipher Joseph's father in law  Phillip Buckingham will. It mentions a third grand child Elizabeth Carrington daughter of Joseph William  and Charlotte Carrington (nee Buckingham born 1798 to 1802. It apperars Phillip left several properties to Charlotte so I don't think she spent it all. Also I cannot find a will for Joseph William which is surprising as he was an attorney. Fauxy Lady

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 July 18 13:34 BST (UK) »
Was Joseph W Carrington married twice?.
There are 2 Marriages on FreeREG 1791 to Allison LYALL and 1795 to Charlotte BUCKINGHAM a minor, with consent of her Father Phillip.

I presume you have Philips Marriage to Elizabeth COWARD 25 Apr 1773 St George Hanover Square.

As for Charlotte as she was born 1777 and would be only young when JWC died 1808 could she have remarried?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 06 July 18 13:57 BST (UK) »
Earlier post Trish  ;D  (In case it helps)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=794167.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 06 July 18 14:03 BST (UK) »

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline fauxy lady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 07 July 18 00:00 BST (UK) »
Trish1120. Yes I knew about the earlier marriage to Alison Lyall they had 2 girls, no trace of them in the indexes after their marriages.
I have discovered from her father Phillip Buckingham's will a previously unknown child Elizabeth between Charlotte Rosina and Joseph William.
Charlotte was 31 when Joseph died and she had 5 children dependent on her.
She inherited a lot of property from her father l suspect she was the sole surving child. I don't think Joseph had a will at 44. When he died she was executing her fathers will probate Oct. 1808. An added side bar to Phillip's will from what l can read indicates she was dead by 1828 and called Carrington.
Maybe her son Joseph was not academic and opted to be a shoe maker by choice. But why Kidderminister? Fauxy Lady

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 07 July 18 12:35 BST (UK) »
A lot of questions there that I am sorry I have no answer too.

Family History research often leaves unanswered questions and I have a few in my Tree also :-X