Author Topic: Shipping Records Englant toNew Zealand  (Read 1679 times)

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Records Englant toNew Zealand
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 July 18 03:03 BST (UK) »
Had you also seen this researcher's enquiry? http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mbb/
...out of, through, and back from New Zealand to the ends of the Earth

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 July 18 08:44 BST (UK) »
I believe it is highly possible that Henry Linford is my Grandfather thanks to the results of DNA testing...  He would have to have been in New Zealand around July - August 1927 as my father was born in May 1928... While I am researching Henry I have not ruled out the possibility that he may not be my Grandfather & have another family member who matches just as closely but as he had just immigrated to America in April 1927 with his parents & siblings think he is less likely to be my Grandfather... There could also be an unknown male not listed in any of the family tree's as well... Henry traveled to America in 1926 & was married in England in 1929 so could easily have traveled to New Zealand during that period... With Fingers crossed I will keep searching & look forward to it all falling into place one day... My Dad turned 90 this year & I promised him I will keep looking...

Regards
Maria

Do you have proof that your father was conceived in NZ? maybe he was conceived overseas and his mother returned to NZ pregnant as has happened to many young New Zealand girls,

Cheers Janette

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 July 18 12:25 BST (UK) »
Henry Thornton Linford became a naturalised citizen of America on 10th September 1925 and stated that he was a weaver and it was his intention to permanently reside in the US. Having done that I wonder why he would suddenly have decided to go to New Zealand two years later. As a weaver would he be able to afford to travel around?

Are you 100% sure that the Henry T Linford who married in 1929 is the same one who went to America, especially as there are no records of him returning to the UK - do you have that marriage certificate?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk