Author Topic: Wounded reports WW1  (Read 808 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wounded reports WW1
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 July 18 15:24 BST (UK) »
Try to find out of there was a town or village newspaper for where he lived.  Something which may not yet be on-line.  If one exists perhaps at a local library - you may be to ask for a look up which might provide more information.

At my library is a newspaper called the Whitley Seaside Chronicle & Visitor's Gazette.  This is not yet on-line but this is a marvellous paper which really came into its own during the Great War period.  There are excellent photos and in-depth stories concerning many of our local men and women who served.

So my advice is to look for the local paper.  Don't just seek out what might be on-line.  The local paper is where you may find more illuminating information and perhaps even a photo.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Jack TT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 July 18 21:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks again, he lived in Tralee, Ireland, but.... Ive arranged to visit relatives later this year close by and will follow your suggestion. Ive now got the actual date the home office posted notification of his wound.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 July 18 11:25 BST (UK) »
I wish you all the best with this search Jack.  Please let us know how you get on and never give up.  I have come across people who have eventually got answers through sheer tenaciousness even though they might have had to keep at it for decades.  Hopefully, in your case you won't have to wait that long to get the information you are seeking. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Jack TT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 July 18 22:02 BST (UK) »
 Thanks
Jack