Author Topic: Peter PEACH  (Read 317 times)

Offline liverpool5

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Peter PEACH
« on: Wednesday 04 July 18 15:33 BST (UK) »
Has anyone any information on the whereabouts of the birth of Peter Peach who died aged 70 in 1803 in Maxey.  I have so far been unable to find his birth, which I imagine is c1733 given his age at death.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grandchildren sitting on a wooden spider!
    • View Profile
Re: PETER PEACH
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 July 18 23:26 BST (UK) »
I can see that he married Mary Ripping/Rippon? on 17th April 1762 also in Maxey.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 July 18 08:21 BST (UK) »
Looking through the Northants Baptisms and Marriages Indexes CDs, I came across this possibility - and question. Was Peter Peach illegitimate?

A Peter PEACH/CARLESS was baptised at Oundle C of E on November 11th 1744. Parents: William Carless and Eleanor Peach. No indication in the record as to the boy's age at baptism.

A marriage took place on January 29th 1743.44 between William CARLESS and Eleanor PEACH also at Oundle C of E. Both parties were noted as "Sojourner in this parish" (ie temporary residents)

Nothing else close in this resource.

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 July 18 10:41 BST (UK) »
The images for the marriage of William and Eleanor and the baptism and marriage for Peter are available free on Ancestry this weekend.

David

Offline liverpool5

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter PEACH
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 July 18 14:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you everyone for supplying information, which I can now pursue further.  Apologies for my delayed response to you all - been one of those weeks' and I've not had a chance before now to go online.  Much appreciated.