Author Topic: Late DNA result from Ancestry  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Huwcyn

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Late DNA result from Ancestry
« on: Wednesday 04 July 18 20:03 BST (UK) »
I sent a DNA sample by my wife off to 'Ancestry' earlier this year, and we had a confirmation e-mail to say that it had arrived in early April. However, since then, no results, and it must be nigh on three months. There is something called 'track your...' or suchlike on the website, but it seems a broken link.
Has anyone else had a similar experience, or can advise us what to do next, please ?
Owen , Parry , Pritchard, Foulkes  o Llanddeiniolen
Jones, Bellis o Sir Fflint
Williams o Beaumaris
Chambers o Dulyn
Rowlands o Tywyn

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Late DNA result from Ancestry
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 July 18 20:20 BST (UK) »
Did you fully comply with this, especially the last bit

Your AncestryDNA test results will normally take about 6-8 weeks to process from the time that the lab receives your DNA sample. Please note that you must also activate your DNA kit online in order to begin processing.

If you did then you need to contact them and tell them you have not had your results and ask them to investigate
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 July 18 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Huw, my sister and mother and a few other people in a Facebook group I created all match with someone who has the same username you are using here. I can't find you on Ancestry but I do match with a female which I am thinking is possibly your wife, as when I go to view the full tree it comes up as private for her but the root person is male and has all of the surnames you are researching in your signature on rootschat, so something strange is happening.

Gail
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 July 18 11:47 BST (UK) »
I have sent an email to you.
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 05 July 18 13:01 BST (UK) »
My aplogies, I think it is your mother that I match with on Ancestry not your wife.

Offline Huwcyn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 05 July 18 13:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you.I'll have a look later on.
Owen , Parry , Pritchard, Foulkes  o Llanddeiniolen
Jones, Bellis o Sir Fflint
Williams o Beaumaris
Chambers o Dulyn
Rowlands o Tywyn