Author Topic: Ancestry Personal Discoveries Project  (Read 2722 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Personal Discoveries Project
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 July 18 06:46 BST (UK) »
Very strange.
After Martin's reply I looked closely at my DNA page (I do everyday, but not looking for anything other than my results), and the invitation has gone, still hasn't appeared on my husband's page.

Martin, I don't object to answering a few questions, and was in fact going to participate. After I pressed 'Start answering questions', I was confronted by a full page consent form, and I can't now remember the full details. I know at the time it seemed as if I would be giving them full control of my DNA.

Did you have to give any additional consent at myheritage?

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Personal Discoveries Project
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 July 18 22:34 BST (UK) »
Margaret, sorry, I really can't remember.  It was a pop-up screen, and even if there was a consent form I would have just approved it, as I can't be bothered with those privacy things.  It was all anonymised, and I would happily tell anyone the answers to the questions, which weren't intrusive.

Martin