Author Topic: FREE WEEKEND ON ANCESTRY  (Read 6252 times)

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FREE WEEKEND ON ANCESTRY
« Reply #54 on: Friday 13 July 18 17:42 BST (UK) »
The Ancestry Library edition does allow access to Public Member Trees but as far as I know, you cannot contact a tree owner.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 13 July 18 17:52 BST (UK) »
I have read here quite recently that there are kind people prepared to put you in touch with a tree owner, if you give basic details here, and follow it up by private message.

Martin

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 14 July 18 00:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks, tillypeg and Mark.
 One tree owner seems to be a relative of a deceased American cousin of mine whom I never knew. Our mothers used to write to each other. My aunt in America died years before I was born. She was eldest step-sister of a large family. The cousin was born in U.S.A. in 1918. Her younger brother served in WW2. I filched 2 photos of my aunt from the tree since I'd never seen a picture of her before, plus one of Grandma. I don't know the protocol regarding photos. I tried to write a message about one picture but wasn't able to because I was on free access. I put up a tree for that side of my family. If my American cousin's relative receives hints from it and takes time to look at it he should realise it's the same family. I added sources that I didn't find on Ancestry!

Cowban