Author Topic: MyHeritage  (Read 2787 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: MyHeritage
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 July 18 14:20 BST (UK) »
Have you changed your password recently?

I got what sounds similar to you, Harry. I changed my password, as myheritageDNA locked people out of their accounts until they had done so, after a recent security breech, including leaked passwords.

Try it and see if you can get in afterwards, otherwise contact myheritage, you should still be able to access all your matches.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 July 18 14:22 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure what the problem can be  :-\

Can you get to the Help -> Contact us section (Top right ). They might be able to help.

Added - totally forgot about the password change, Margaret. It could well be that.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 06 July 18 14:25 BST (UK) »
Yes, that sounds plausible, thanks. I do have a password for MyHeritage but never need to use it as just Googling MyHeritage brings up my cousin's page and until recently I could go into my DNA matches that way.

Harry

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 July 18 16:53 BST (UK) »
I just downloaded my data today after my results arrived last night. All seems in order, apart from the unexpected 8% Greek!

Martin

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 08:42 BST (UK) »
I just downloaded my data today after my results arrived last night. All seems in order, apart from the unexpected 8% Greek!

Martin
Must be the eyebrows :D

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 08:58 BST (UK) »
David, you're not the first. They are very useful. If I comb them upwards with my hand I look very scary, and I often play it to my advantage.

I know these things are supposed to be taken with a pinch of salt, but it is weird that I found no trace of anything remotely non English nor Scottish in my paper based research.

Amusingly, an hour before I got my results I had been in a Greek restaurant.

Martin

Offline Old Bristolian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stephen Bumstead 1844-1903
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 09:51 BST (UK) »
I take all the ethnicity results with a large pinch of salt, but the ones from MyHeritage are the most bizarre. They don't appear to have a "British" element at all. You are either Celtic, Scandanavian, Iberian or "North West Europe". The latter seems to include only the extreme south east of England and Iberian includes the whole of southern England,

Steve
Bumstead - London, Suffolk
Plant, Woolnough, Wase, Suffolk
Flexney, Godfrey, Burson, Hobby -  Oxfordshire
Street, Mitchell - Gloucestershire
Horwood, Heale Drew - Bristol
Gibbs, Gait, Noyes, Peters, Padfield, Board, York, Rogers, Horler, Heale, Emery, Clavey, Mogg, - Somerset
Fook, Snell - Devon
M(a)cDonald, Yuell, Gollan, McKenzie - Rosshire
McLennan, Mackintosh - Inverness
Williams, Jones - Angelsey & Caernarvon
Campbell, McMartin, McLellan, McKercher, Perthshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 10:07 BST (UK) »
They say I'm  100% North & West Europe - English, Irish/Scottish/Welsh, Scandinavian, which is similar to Ancestry and FTdna.  In total, they say I'm 78% UK & Eire cf Ancestry which has me as 86%.

Agree about the pinch salt.

Gadget

Added - FTdna gives me as 77% British Isles & West/Central Europe 19%. It's all a bit of fun really!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 10:21 BST (UK) »
I know this ethnicity science is in early stages compared to autosomal matching of relatives, but the Greek did surprise me.  I do not look like Nana Mouskouri, nor Demis Roussos.  With most of my ancestors coming from Durham and Northumberland, with Irish-Scots connections, I was surprised that my Scandavian DNA was only 4%.

The test did, however, confirm that a half cousin who found me (via searching for names on my own web site) is definitely related.  His grandfather's first wife was my grandmother's first husband, leading to my father.  We have become good friends, half a world apart, over the last 18 months, and I'd have hated to have lost him.

Largest segment = 78.1 cM
Total of segments > 7 cM = 463.2 cM
12 matching segments
Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 2.5

Martin