Author Topic: Burial Records St James Parish 1840  (Read 1789 times)

Offline coachcaptain

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Records St James Parish 1840
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 July 18 06:16 BST (UK) »
Hi JM. Thanks for your interest and very useful info plus links. I will follow each one in turn. I will do as you have suggested and ask St Lawrence for any burial details. Just wonderful of you to send so much info. Thanks again.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 July 18 06:54 BST (UK) »
Often those doing the lookups are volunteers, and it may take some time before you receive a full reply, or they may reply giving you the location of the register.  Ancestry has many of the C of E Sydney Diocese registers, but I could not find the one for 1840 for Rev Walsh.    Several of my ancestors were regulars during his time there, and were part of the committee helping with the construction of the Church.    I am waiting for a family member to return home to fetch one of my archive boxes down from high shelf, so I can check if I have anything for Feb 1840 there. 

ADD Christ Church St Laurence is quite famous for their Choir.

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/heritageapp/ViewHeritageItemDetails.aspx?ID=2424276

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline coachcaptain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 July 18 07:06 BST (UK) »
Hi again, thanks for your continued interest, I wish I could help you; I do have a ladder but I think I might be too far away? I have sent off an email to the Church so will await a reply, I know it will take a while, I am a patient man.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 09 July 18 04:44 BST (UK) »
 :)

Sorry but nothing found in my archive box that could give clues about Feb 1840 and ill convicts  Sydney Hospital still in Macquarie St.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline coachcaptain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 09 July 18 04:49 BST (UK) »
Hi JM thanks for trying anyway. I think I will contact the Hospital and see if they may have records back to then. A long shot but hey, who knows, don't ask, don't get. Eh?