Author Topic: adobe reader  (Read 745 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
adobe reader
« on: Sunday 08 July 18 13:34 BST (UK) »
I want my old Adobe back... :(  do not like the new updated version.. I know I should attempt to get used to it and I have.. but its just not good..

Is it possible to get the old version back??

shall I just delete the new version? 

xin

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: adobe reader
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 July 18 15:24 BST (UK) »
I've been using Acrobat Reader DC for the last couple of years. Is it an earlier one you are hankering for? There's very little difference in operation between DC and the earlier ones other than the attempt to sell you "cloud services". I have now got into the habit of closing the right-hand pane on opening any PDF file.

There's also a PDF reader built into Microsoft's Edge browser, and if that's the one you are moaning about I am right with you.

You can download the Adobe version for free by going to www.adobe.com and following the link in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 July 18 15:38 BST (UK) »
yes it is the 'edge'   one..

no comprende at all. :) :)

so as you say I will download from the link you gave ..

thank you much appreciated and fingers crossed.

xin..

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 July 18 22:00 BST (UK) »
If you have no luck with that you could try the Foxit PDF reader, I've been using it for several years with no problems.

Mike.
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 July 18 22:03 BST (UK) »
thanks Mike,
although I have been told I must practice uploading new things and stop being such a stubborn stick in the mud.. by a close (well they were  ::) ???) rellie.

;D ;D ;D

xin

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 July 18 08:11 BST (UK) »
I think those of us with the benefit of maturity and experience have a duty to resist change wherever we can  ;D ;D
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 09 July 18 11:40 BST (UK) »
totally agree   ;)

xin