Author Topic: Quinlans at Loughmore,Tipperary  (Read 5061 times)

Offline ndpaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Quinlans at Loughmore,Tipperary
« on: Tuesday 09 August 05 05:24 BST (UK) »
Hello, Is there anyone related to Michael Quinlan who married Margaret(Peghai) Riley on 26 Feb 1827 in Loughmore and Castleiney, Tipperary, Ireland. They are believed to have had 6 children,
  John Quinlan chr 30 Apr 1828 L&C
 Catherine Quinlan chr 16 Sep 1830 Loughmore and Castleiney(L&C) Catherine married 24 Jul 1855 Singleton,NSW,AUS to James Grant  born abt 1830 Clonoulty,Tipperary , Catherine died 17 Aug 1905 Isisford,QLD,AUS
  Eliza Quinlan chr 9 Nov 1832 L&C
  Daniel Quinlan chr  6 Sep 1834 L&C
  Ellen Quinlan chr  15 Jan 1836 L&C
  Michael Quinlan chr 1 Feb 1838 L&C
Is there anyone who has a connection to any of the parents or siblings of Catherine Quinlan? ndpaton

Offline Allly

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Quinlans at Loughmore,Tipperary
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 May 23 03:14 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I have a Catherine Quinlan in my family tree. Your dates look very similar to what I have. My great great grandmother is her daughter. My great great grandmother is Elizabeth Agnes Horton aka Agnes as per her grave stone. I have just received her birth certificate and Catherine Quinlan was named as her mother, and her father John Bewell Horton. They both married on 11 April 1853 in Shoalhaven N.S.W Australia. However, I can not find her death nor her husbands death it took me a very long time to just uncover both of their names. Is it possible that we are seeking the same Catherine? I have her immigration records too if you do we can compare notes ? and determine it is her? I can not find anything on her or her husband other than what I have mentioned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Allly