Author Topic: National Insurance records  (Read 525 times)

Offline drhewitt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
National Insurance records
« on: Sunday 08 July 18 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I had a thought. Is it possible to obtain National Insurance records for the deceased? State pension records? Are there archives of the earliest state pension or N.I. records and would this show places of employment given that payroll had to forward each persons N.I. contribution.

Thanks

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: National Insurance records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 July 18 23:23 BST (UK) »
I feel there must be,my husband worked (for a VERY) short time for someone who did not pay the deductions from his wages to The National Insurance people.When my husband discovered this he set about getting things sorted,consequently the firm were ordered to pay what they ought to have done on their part but also the deductions from my husband”s wages which had also not been sent.
My husband was already working when the N.I stamp was brought out so at retirement he had not got the full number of years contributions hence a somewhat reduced pension.In addition he had worked abroad for twelve years so those years did not count either.His pension was worked out from his records so I am sure you could get the information you want.
As to places of employment I should think there would have to be records but whether they would be released to you I am unable to say.
Hope you find what you want. Bear in mind it might be info which would not be released to you,.

Viktoria.

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
Re: National Insurance records
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 July 18 00:03 BST (UK) »
Wouldn't there be something like "a hundred year rule" in place? So 2049, or some-such?

Regards

Chas
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia