Author Topic: Name place help please, near Swineshead  (Read 1344 times)

Offline bibliotaphist

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Name place help please, near Swineshead
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 July 18 13:37 BST (UK) »
To amend my earlier post, I think the Do (Ditto) could be referring to Lincolnshire rather than specifically Wigtoft.

That would suggest she was born in one of the extraparochial areas I mentioned, in which case a baptism could have taken place at any convenient church.

Just to second arthurk's reading of this, I agree that it reads Do [i.e. Lincolnshire] Extrapal parts Nr Swineshead. I remember reading in A history of the Fens of south Lincolnshire that there were dozens of extra-parochial areas in the fens around Boston which were slowly merged into parishes or became parishes in their own right.

Offline AngelFish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 July 18 13:37 BST (UK) »
12 years old in 1851, baptised in 1838, is her birth on Free BMD?
Perhaps it would be benificial to see a larger part of the entry.

Malky

Her sisters death is recorded but the births were not as far as I could tell.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AngelFish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 July 18 13:40 BST (UK) »
To amend my earlier post, I think the Do (Ditto) could be referring to Lincolnshire rather than specifically Wigtoft.

That would suggest she was born in one of the extraparochial areas I mentioned, in which case a baptism could have taken place at any convenient church.

Just to second arthurk's reading of this, I agree that it reads Do [i.e. Lincolnshire] Extrapal parts Nr Swineshead. I remember reading in A history of the Fens of south Lincolnshire that there were dozens of extraparochial areas in the fens around Boston which were slowly merged into parishes or became parishes in their own right.

Arthurk

As you say, I think it is Extrapa[rochial]   

Thanks everyone.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk