Author Topic: Searching for Mack  (Read 402 times)

Offline Gemma Walker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Mack
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 14:26 BST (UK) »
Are you able to provide any help from finding some of the Witbooi's
Ive found marriage records for Susan, Gertrude & Margarat (maggie) but struggling with finding death records.
Thank you.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Mack
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 17:23 BST (UK) »
No death records, but I think that this is Elizabeth's marriage:
South Africa, Cape Province, Western Cape Archives Records, 1792-1992
Name: Edgar George Mulder
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 02 Sep 1933
Event Place: Wynberg, Wynberg, Cape, South Africa
Birth Year (Estimated): 1911
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Wetbooy
Spouse's Age: 24
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1909
Entry Number: 101

I'm not sure which other marriages you have contributed to this family, but here are my thoughts on 2 possibilities that I've seen:

#1- I had found a second (1952) marriage for a Getruida Abrahams (nee Witbooi ) to a Johannes Wewers, but I have some doubts that she is from the correct family as she cannot write (Unlike Elizabeth, Susan and Rachel). I might have still considered it a bit more if the marriage had taken place in eg Wynberg.
Can you see the cross on https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-89SB-VHYD?i=139&cc=1935348 ? It says "Haar merk" above it .. something like "her mark"!

#2 - I have doubts re a 1943 marriage for a Maggie Witbooi to a Cornelius Nicholas Goliath. If the Rachel in this family is indeed your Rachel, I would have expected Margaret to have been born before 1920 due to her place in the list. So, in this case I am suspicious re age and name  ... and again the location doesn't help.

Of course anything is possible, but I wouldn't bet any money on them without additional proof ...

Sylvia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.