Author Topic: Searching for Mack  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Gemma Walker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Mack
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 14:26 BST (UK) »
Are you able to provide any help from finding some of the Witbooi's
Ive found marriage records for Susan, Gertrude & Margarat (maggie) but struggling with finding death records.
Thank you.

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Mack
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 17:23 BST (UK) »
No death records, but I think that this is Elizabeth's marriage:
South Africa, Cape Province, Western Cape Archives Records, 1792-1992
Name: Edgar George Mulder
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 02 Sep 1933
Event Place: Wynberg, Wynberg, Cape, South Africa
Birth Year (Estimated): 1911
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Wetbooy
Spouse's Age: 24
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1909
Entry Number: 101

I'm not sure which other marriages you have contributed to this family, but here are my thoughts on 2 possibilities that I've seen:

#1- I had found a second (1952) marriage for a Getruida Abrahams (nee Witbooi ) to a Johannes Wewers, but I have some doubts that she is from the correct family as she cannot write (Unlike Elizabeth, Susan and Rachel). I might have still considered it a bit more if the marriage had taken place in eg Wynberg.
Can you see the cross on https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-89SB-VHYD?i=139&cc=1935348 ? It says "Haar merk" above it .. something like "her mark"!

#2 - I have doubts re a 1943 marriage for a Maggie Witbooi to a Cornelius Nicholas Goliath. If the Rachel in this family is indeed your Rachel, I would have expected Margaret to have been born before 1920 due to her place in the list. So, in this case I am suspicious re age and name  ... and again the location doesn't help.

Of course anything is possible, but I wouldn't bet any money on them without additional proof ...

Sylvia