Author Topic: "Who Do You Think You Are", Series 15: #2 Olivia Colman  (Read 10372 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Who Do You Think You Are", Series 15: #2 Olivia Colman
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 12 July 18 16:30 BST (UK) »
But realistically, simply the "higher" the income and the social class, the better the chance of well-documented ancestors.... that is, unless they're really persistent criminals, in which case.......?
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Clarkey500

• RootsChat Senior
  • Flag of Somerset
    • View Profile
Re: "Who Do You Think You Are", Series 15: #2 Olivia Colman
« Reply #37 on: Friday 13 July 18 11:44 BST (UK) »
I really enjoyed this episode - it definitely had the right feel to it.

Like Roshile, I have ancestors who were part of the East India Company, so I had that extra interest in this one. She certinly seemed interested in the research the researchers had found for her, but she didn't really do any research herself which was a shame. The researchers did really well to find the photos and letters. Regarding the unmentioned will, it just goes to show that there is always some information you may not have found, like how her Scottish cousin didn't know about the small fortune left to Harriet.
Devon: Bibby, Bird, Chaplin, Davey, Littlejohns, Pope, Shire, Sloman, Tucker
Dorset: Gauler
Gloucestershire: Gauler
Hampshire: Kimber
London: Crump, Gauler
Middlesex: Crump
Monmouthshire: Brunt
Northumberland: Bibby
Somerset: Clarke, Dibble, Duddridge, Parsons, Pool, Poole, Shire, Silvester
Surrey: Clarke
Wiltshire: Gauler

GEDmatch (myself): A869547