Author Topic: Lizzie McGillivray  (Read 421 times)

Offline flood169

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lizzie McGillivray
« on: Tuesday 10 July 18 08:55 BST (UK) »
I've been trying to find out what happened to an ancestor who is very important to me. I have used several genealogy sites, all with no joy. The only information I've found for this lady come from the Scottish records.
I already have her birth certificate and census records from 1891, 1901 and 1911. I also have a school registration record. I also have a record for a person of the same name (from a ship) emigrating to New Zealand, but the age on this doesn't quite tie up to hers.
I would dearly love to know what happened to her. Did she marry and have children, when and where did she die?
Her details are as follows: Lizzie McGillivray (not Elizabeth). Born 8th September 1886 at  88 South Street, Perth, Scotland. Parents were Maggie McIntosh Lowson (born McQueen, previous married name McGillivray). Born 28th December 1861. Died 16th December 1925. Her father was Lewis McGillivray. Born 12th July 1856, Died 1889.
I also have the correct details for both grandparents and great grandparents. After her fathers death, her mother remarried and it appears that Lizzie went on to live with her mum and step-dad. Her mum had another child (who is my great-grandmother). I have a census record from 1911 confirming this.
I have tried everything I can over the past few years to get more information on Lizzie. Its turned in to a real labour of love but I've reached to limit of my ability to trace her. If anyone can help me with information I would be most grateful. Because of the strong information I've gathered from the Scottish system, I strongly suspect that Lizzie probably moved from Scotland at some point. I welcome any tips on how to expand my search.
I'm not too sure if I've posted this request in the right area of this site so hope that the admin moves it to the correct area if Indeed I have. 
Thank you to all who read this post.

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lizzie McGillivray
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 11:05 BST (UK) »
I could not find Lizzie on the 1911 census as you mentioned but I did find this marriage on SP:

LIZZIE MCGILLIVRAY to ANGUS MCKINNON 1903 Milton, Lanarkshire.

A LIZZIE MCKINNON age 68 (1886) died in Greenock 1954

Colin

Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lizzie McGillivray
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 16:16 BST (UK) »
If you download a copy of the marriage cert it will give her parents names and mothers maiden name - as will the death cert

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)