Author Topic: Finding a Death Notice not on the NAAIRS index  (Read 383 times)

Offline Sunflower16

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Finding a Death Notice not on the NAAIRS index
« on: Wednesday 11 July 18 22:09 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately the NAAIRS index is not complete.......and one of the Death Notices I need in order to apply for WW2 service records in the UK, is one of them.   I do have the full date and place of death, birth date etc, death was in Johannesburg in 1974 so assume it will be TAB - but EGGSA will only get copies if a full index reference is given.  Is a professional researcher the best way forward?  I assume it will be expensive though :(

Durand, Rees, Beynon, Hill, Robertson, Oakes, Spry, Stacey, Harrison, Du Plessis, Grobler.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a Death Notice not on the NAAIRS index
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 July 18 13:19 BST (UK) »
Is the record you want in Johannesburg and are you in South Africa? I have a researcher in Pretoria who may be able to help you.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sunflower16

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a Death Notice not on the NAAIRS index
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 July 18 15:09 BST (UK) »
No, am not in SA or would have gone and applied at Home Affairs ..........  person died in Johannesburg, so I assume the records are all in Pretoria??

Would appreciate the details of a reputable researcher. many thanks
Durand, Rees, Beynon, Hill, Robertson, Oakes, Spry, Stacey, Harrison, Du Plessis, Grobler.