Author Topic: Bontfawr - Need help finding Amlwch abode  (Read 1627 times)

Offline HDeFer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bontfawr - Need help finding Amlwch abode
« on: Thursday 12 July 18 19:47 BST (UK) »
Sounds like two of my 5X Great Grandfather Emanuel Evans’ children (Thomas and Hannah Evans) both died in November of 1797 (20th and 24th), and Bontfawr was their abode.  May have been in Amlwch, or may have been near Llanerchymedd as I have seen reference to a minister named Emanuel Evans there.  He was a yeoman as well, so may have had a large or small freeholding.  Can anyone locate this home/Farm in the late 1700’s?  Two others (possibly farm workers) died at the abode in the same year, a Margaret Griffith and a William Painter, died 1797 at Bontfawr.

Also in the 1801 Amlwch census, It says Eman’l (Emanuel) Evans lived at Treydrath.  Was that Trefdraeth misspelled, or is that a different home/place name?

Thank you for any help you can send my way!  Emanuel is my brick wall, and this additional information may finally help me figure out who his parents are.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Bontfawr - Need help finding Amlwch abode
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 December 18 19:19 GMT (UK) »
https://places.library.wales/ 

Have you tried looking in the tithe maps,  there is always a name of landowner and occupier.  With a place name you might be lucky.

Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)