Author Topic: Canterbury Probate Records (1396-1858) Database  (Read 2525 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Canterbury Probate Records (1396-1858) Database
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 July 18 01:42 BST (UK) »
   I discovered this website very recently, and have not investigated yet. Am I right in thinking the records are on microfilm at the Cathedral Archives?

Hi

I believe they are all at the Canterbury Cathedral Archives if I am correct. Clicking on the second tab ("Notes") gives you more information about each document type (Wills, Inventories).

A lot of the Kent Wills have been filmed and are available to view on Familysearch at the London FHC.

Matt

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 14 July 18 02:53 BST (UK) »
A lot of the Kent Wills have been filmed and are available to view on Familysearch at the London FHC.

They will be available to view at any FHC globally.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 14 July 18 09:35 BST (UK) »
The records are also on microfilm at The Kent History and Library Centre in Maidstone.  I have spent many hours ploughing through them!

Barbara
Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London
Lewin - India and NZ
Evan-Thomas - Wales and London
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk