Author Topic: A Search all over the island  (Read 1605 times)

Offline John Kleeb

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
A Search all over the island
« on: Wednesday 18 July 18 19:35 BST (UK) »
Greetings guys. My name is John and I'm of Irish descent on my Dad's mom's side.  Names I'm looking for are:

Keown: County Down, oldest known ancestor is John Keown born 1798 in Down, died in Pittsburgh, Pa 1870. This was my Nana's great grandfather.

Kidney: Likely Cork: I know nothing about this family just that my Nana's father's mother was named Sarah J. Kidney and from either Ohio or New York.

Joyce: Galway: My Nana's mother's paternal grandfather: Michael Joyce, born around 1812 in Connemara near where Galway and Mayo meet. Great Nana's father was William Joyce born between 1845-1850.

O'Malley: I actually know quite a bit about this family. They lived in Killimor, The Neale and the oldest ancestor I have there was named Luke O'Malley, a great grandfather of Great Nana.

Conroy: The wife of Luke O'Malley, her name was Winifred Conroy.

Muldoon: Second grandfather Joyce's wife Mary Muldoon Joyce. Born in Scotland but with Fermanagh born parents, William Muldoon and Sarah Lillie. I have an obituary of Mary's brother John that places the family in Enniskillen.

Lillie: Third grandmother. Just know that her name was Sarah and that was it.

Anyhow, I know this is a lot but I hope I can get some help.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: A Search all over the island
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 20:38 BST (UK) »
you will get help but you will find an  avalanche  of Joyces in Connemara..

you will find an  avalanche  of O'Malleys in and around Killimor.

You will need to pin more meat to the bones for anyone to assist!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 20:41 BST (UK) »
 an  avalanche  of Kidneys in Cork.... (RC!!)

CHURCH Baptism, Marriage and Burial results for Kidney  Area - CORK & ROSS (RC)

Displaying results 1 - 100 of 1935. http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mdp/

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 20:46 BST (UK) »
 Death results for John Muldoon

Displaying results 1 - 100 of 191. http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mdr/  but as you have Date and we don't you can check the Fermanagh ones to whatever year!!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 20:49 BST (UK) »
To find Fermanagh districts you can go to

https://www.swilson.info/regdistmap.php and select Fermanagh

then check deaths for those Districts from list on left on http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mdr/

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 20:56 BST (UK) »
Greetings guys. My name is John and I'm of Irish descent on my Dad's mom's side.  Names I'm looking for are:

Keown: County Down, oldest known ancestor is John Keown born 1798 in Down, died in Pittsburgh, Pa 1870. This was my Nana's great grandfather.

Kidney: Likely Cork: I know nothing about this family just that my Nana's father's mother was named Sarah J. Kidney and from either Ohio or New York.

Joyce: Galway: My Nana's mother's paternal grandfather: Michael Joyce, born around 1812 in Connemara near where Galway and Mayo meet. Great Nana's father was William Joyce born between 1845-1850.

I think the county lines were moved!!

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hi John and welcome to Rootschat.

Please don't be offended - that is not my intention - but your query is a little overwhelming because it includes so many names all at once. It will be hard for people reading it to absorb -- in addition there are no approximate dates given against some of these names. We don't know what dates we are looking for.

I don't know what others think, but it may be easier if you divide your posts into the separate families - posting them with a title of the surname and the county. Bit laborious I know, but there's a chance that some from your list will be overlooked simply because there are so many on it.

Having said that -- you seem to have a lot of information about your Irish ancestors - well done. Many people only know that their Irish ancestors came from Ireland -- no counties or towns known. So you are way ahead of a lot of folk!
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 21:16 BST (UK) »
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/1062  Kilbride

Archdiocese of Tuam | County of Galway

You can also check other Parishes  where Galway and Mayo meet via Map IF they were RC

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to rootschat  ???

I would agree with 'Pennines' too many names /places all in one question with no dates means people will move onto the next question  like I did I read it before you had any answers and didn't answer any.

One at a time, name, date, religion and you really need townland as  looking at a whole county there will be lots of same names, same dates.

The other thing you can do is look at the resources in each county, there are many that have been added  by many rootschat researchers often local websites you would not know about
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend