Author Topic: A Search all over the island  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: A Search all over the island
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 23:06 BST (UK) »
Iluleah -- thank you. I did have a belated thought after posting my message. John might not be seeking help with some of the statements he has made. he may just be providing general information -- no actual questions have been asked.

I then thought - if that is the case I've just made a complete plonker of myself!

Hence John -- it would also be useful if you could clarify whether you are looking for particular help with any of these families if you don't mind please.

Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 July 18 15:47 BST (UK) »

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 July 18 15:58 BST (UK) »

Hence John -- it would also be useful if you could clarify whether you are looking for particular help with any of these families if you don't mind please.

Seems John has only posted the question and has not even been back to read any of the answers......... maybe John is used to American forums which take years to get an answer ( and often the answers given are completely irrelevant to the question asked)
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 July 18 15:59 BST (UK) »
Not much point in using up time until poster comes back with some names/dates of anyone "unfound"!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 July 18 16:53 BST (UK) »
Have you added your ancestors to the Surnames list and checked to see if any other RootsChatters may be/ have been researching the same families?
Cowban

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 21 July 18 18:37 BST (UK) »
Hi John
on just this topic
Keown: County Down, oldest known ancestor is John Keown born 1798 in Down, died in Pittsburgh, Pa 1870. This was my Nana's great grandfather.in us census

Do you know when he arrived in US  he is not listed in http://www.castlegarden.org/search under Keown or Keon

is he the John Keown b 1799 age 62 in Allegheny County have you any earlier ones in the US you don’t give the Us census detail wife and children where born etc
Good luck from Co Down

many John Keowns listed in http://www.rosdavies.com/SURNAMES/K/Keown.htm
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide