Author Topic: Looking for age of this photo please family unknown  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for age of this photo please family unknown
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 04:41 BST (UK) »
I was looking through some of the earlier posts and came upon yours.  Is there any chance that the scroll could be a narrow book or journal?

I tried to replicate the photo, rolling up a piece of paper and holding it, and the first thing I did when I placed the "scroll" in my lap was to also hold it with my other hand.  I don't see her left thumb, so she was either told to hide her thumb or she didn't have the same reflex that I had when my hands met.

Apologies for contributing a strange idea (a book), but if it was a scroll she exercised a lot of willpower not to hold it with both hands.  ;D
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)