Author Topic: Marriage Certificate  (Read 549 times)

Offline cwtch

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Truth Sets Us Free
    • View Profile
Marriage Certificate
« on: Friday 20 July 18 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone, My parents went to Johannesburg in the 1940s and were married there? Wondering if anyone knows how I can get a copy of their marriage cert. Not sure if they married there or in Cape Town? My parents are no longer alive so no info where exactly they were married. She did tell me they were in Cape Town for a while and went on the cable car to table mountain. Their names would have been Michael (Mitch) and Josephine (Pearl) Evon.
Thank you .
Came from Cadoxton S. Wales. Moved to England in 1966.
Moved to Florida in 1970
Moved and settled in Toronto in 1971
I have been married for over 40 years and we have 2 wonderful boys and one granddaughter
Surnames....Price, Evon, Shatten, Lee, Riley, Burton, Ayres, Smith, Loveridge, Rafferty,

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Certificate
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 July 18 12:03 BST (UK) »
DEPOT     KAB                                                                   
SOURCE    PIO                                                                   
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
VOLUME_NO 888                                                                   
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 38173E                                                               
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          IMMIGRATION PAPERS M EVON AND FAMILY.                                 
STARTING  1949                                                                 
ENDING    1949
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline cwtch

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Truth Sets Us Free
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Certificate
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 July 18 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi I am not understanding what it is you are telling me, can you explain it a bit easier?
Thank you, much appreciated :)
Came from Cadoxton S. Wales. Moved to England in 1966.
Moved to Florida in 1970
Moved and settled in Toronto in 1971
I have been married for over 40 years and we have 2 wonderful boys and one granddaughter
Surnames....Price, Evon, Shatten, Lee, Riley, Burton, Ayres, Smith, Loveridge, Rafferty,