Author Topic: An ATC cadet 'lifted along' with US Bomber squads in 1944. Help finding proof?  (Read 292 times)

Offline TreeDigger

• RootsChat Senior
  • Lioessens church 12th/tower 15th century
    • View Profile
On June 19, 1945, the Daily Mirror published an article about a then 16 year old Air Training Cadet who had 'lifted along' on numerous flights in Liberators and Fortresses of the USAF. The article specifically mentioned the 95th Bomb Group who - understandably, due to this being against regulations - were definitely not forthcoming with any information or help when I contacted them several years ago.

So I'm hoping SKS on this forum may be able to help out, or provide suggestions for possibly finding out more (detailed) information on this matter. There was apparently a court case at Brentford, where 'magistrates dismissed a charge of receiving kit worth £25'.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to find out more? I'd be much obliged!

TD
Haycock (Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Oswestry); Rosewell (Shepperton); Wales/Whales (Thanet, Kent); Daborn (Chobham, Horsell); Prince and Powell (Liverpool area); Maxted and She(e)pwashe (Kent); Milo/Millot (France, Holland, England); genealogical research project on links to ancient Frisian aristocracy (Hofstra-Fynia-Tania). It keeps me off the streets ;)

Twenty years on this forum!