Author Topic: Making contact with an Ancestry member  (Read 819 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Making contact with an Ancestry member
« on: Saturday 21 July 18 20:31 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm trying to contact an Ancestry member. I came across one of their posts and commented on it, but I've not received a reply. I don't have a premium account so I can't message them. The thread is https://www.ancestry.com/boards/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=858&p=surnames.hinson and the user is debemeny1, last active today. If anyone could alert her to my comment or pass on my email address to them it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Making contact with an Ancestry member
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 July 18 21:03 BST (UK) »
Contact made, thanks to roderickpaulin.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 July 18 21:19 BST (UK) »
I'm in the same boat as you MacGrigor.I saw a family tree last week when Ancestry was free,saw my ancestors name and date of Birth and his marriage but couldn't get in touch with the member :(
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 July 18 21:24 BST (UK) »
I've had a similar predicament with seeing an alleged photo of an ancestor! I've set up a separate thread for it.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 July 18 21:38 BST (UK) »
Don't you have to be a paying member in order to contact another member?
That's one of the points in paying for a sub ;D

I am a non-paying member (my subs ran out years ago).
I can't contact a member, but members CAN contact me.

So, if you feel the need to contact a member, then get a sub (1 month will do).
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 July 18 21:56 BST (UK) »
I rarely use Ancestry; I'm just interested in pursuing these two lines of enquiry. I did comment on one post but got no response or acknowledgement.