Author Topic: joan l click  (Read 857 times)

Offline GARLAND

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
joan l click
« on: Sunday 22 July 18 18:31 BST (UK) »
hi
has any one got any details on joan l click ne cook  born abt 1928 she was married to a William f t click in Bristol uk

------------------------------​------------------------------​---------------

Mr W Click (26), Mrs J.L. Click (24) and Master S Click (4) sailed 30 April 1952 from Southampton to Melbourne. Previous address 37 Stockwood Crescent, Knowle, Bristol

W CLicks occupation painter

In 1954 William Frederick (Painter) and Joan Lilian (Tobacco Worker) are living at 8 Fyffe St. Darebin, Victoria.

1963, they are both living at 9 McCrae St. Darebin, Victoria. Occupation the same as 1954

at some point William returned to Bristol uk alone after 1963 and he died in Bristol in 1974 , trying to find out what happened to joan as she and her son remained in Australia  many thanks for any info cheers m

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: joan l click
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 July 18 01:59 BST (UK) »
What makes you think that Joan and son didn’t return to the UK?

Connected thread: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=797188.0

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 July 18 02:08 BST (UK) »
What if, as is quite possible, Mrs CLICK is still alive ... born circa 1928 ... 

http://ryersonindex.org/index.htm  not found at that index.

Notice there's the following message at ryerson at present (Monday 23 July 2018)

The Ryerson Index Online Database contains 6,638,736 notices from 340 different Australian newspapers.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 July 18 02:56 BST (UK) »
If you search the White pages telephone directory you should find an entry in Victoria for the surname.  Might be worth a letter......

https://www.whitepages.com.au/residential

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re:Wife of William CLICK
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 July 18 07:56 BST (UK) »
Hi GARLAND,
I expect you already know that the first destination of the family as shown on the immigration record, was 8 Fyffe Street Reservoir.

I expect you already know the maiden name of the woman you are seeking.

People of that maiden name were living at  8 Fyffe Street Reservoir around the time of William CLICK's arrival with his wife and family.

It would appear therefore that your person of interest may have come to Australia following other family members.

Sue

ADDING
A person of the same name as the son was in NSW in 1972 according to Electoral Roll.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GARLAND

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 July 18 09:34 BST (UK) »
hi
many thanks to you all for your useful replies every little bit helps , a family member said that William,s wife and son stayed in Australia as the marriage seem to have broken down . I don't know who any back ground on William,s wife so I might have to get a marriage certificate to find out who her dad was , thanks to you all for your time its very kind of you cheers m