Author Topic: French Records - Calais, Notre Dame Parish 1793->  (Read 2116 times)

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: French Records - Calais, Notre Dame Parish 1793->
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 July 18 20:36 BST (UK) »
Parish = religious records = before 1792

Saint-Pierre-lès-Calais was a village near Calais and nowadays it's a part a Calais.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartier_Saint-Pierre_(Calais)

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 July 18 20:47 BST (UK) »
I think I got the right links now.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 July 18 20:52 BST (UK) »
It was a bit confusing because they included Saint-Pierre-lès-Calais in the results.

Who are the people you're looking for ?

Online farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 July 18 21:05 BST (UK) »
It was a bit confusing because they included Saint-Pierre-lès-Calais in the results.

Who are the people you're looking for ?

Too many to mention. Mainly the Gaudoin family, but also Dufurnier, De Rhiems, Castillier (or Gastillier) and others. I have spent many weeks (more like months) manually scanning through all of the Calais Notre Dame records for family members and I've found many, probably in the hundreds. Oh and also the Ille Bourbon (Reunion) records where a significant member of the Gaudoin family went, married, had children and then moved to India where they became part of the Eurasian community before returning to the UK in the 1960's.

At least my French has improved. very slightly...

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 22 July 18 21:15 BST (UK) »
Pierre DERHEIMS married Marguerite Charlotte GAUDOIN in Calais, Notre-Dame parish, on December 17th 1769

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 22 July 18 21:22 BST (UK) »
You should join

https://fr.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GENBOURBON/info

In Sainte-Marie (La Réunion), there is a marriage record in 1778 for Antoine GAUDOIN. He is a native of Dunkerque but his parents, Jacques GAUDOIN and Margueritte PREVOT, live in Calais

http://anom.archivesnationales.culture.gouv.fr/caomec2/osd.php?territoire=REUNION&commune=SAINTE-MARIE&annee=1778

Frame 4

Online farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 22 July 18 21:34 BST (UK) »
Pierre DERHEIMS married Marguerite Charlotte GAUDOIN in Calais, Notre-Dame parish, on December 17th 1769

Yep, got it. And five children, and the burials of three of them plus the burial of Pierre in 1781, but no burial for Margueritte Charlotte.

Also the marriage of Francois Dufurner to Marie Lousie Francoise Gaudoin in 1777 and four children and two of their  burials. I believe that they died in 1816 (Marie) and 1840 (Francois), both in Notre Dame parish, but I haven't found the records...

Their sister Marie Ann Benoite Gaudoin (baptised 16 April 1752) married someone called Castillier/Gastillier. She died 5 August 1806. Apart from the baptism all the information I have on her and her husband is from the will of their sister Anne Genevieve Hypolite Gaudoin (baptised 23 December 1745), who was buried in Grat Baddow, Essex in 1810, just a few miles from where I live. Small world...

The Gaudoins are an interesting family of traders that I've traced from Jaques (born circa 1670), who married Margueritte Piterne in 1697 in Notre Dame, Calais to India (mainly Madras) and back to the UK.

More work to do though.

Online farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 22 July 18 21:38 BST (UK) »
You should join

https://fr.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GENBOURBON/info

In Sainte-Marie (La Réunion), there is a marriage record in 1778 for Antoine GAUDOIN. He is a native of Dunkerque but his parents, Jacques GAUDOIN and Margueritte PREVOT, live in Calais

http://anom.archivesnationales.culture.gouv.fr/caomec2/osd.php?territoire=REUNION&commune=SAINTE-MARIE&annee=1778

Frame 4

Yes, he was Jaques Antoine Francois Gaudoin, baptised 7 July 1753 at Notre dame, Calais, the youngest of eleven children born to Jaques Gaudoin and Magdaleine (somethimes Margueritte) Genevieve Prevost.

He was a trader, merchant and auctioneer and was the first Gaudoin in India, arriving circa 1785.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 22 July 18 21:46 BST (UK) »
Her daughter Charlotte Augustine DERHEIMS got married in Paris in 1789 (the records are lost) to Jean Baptiste Marie PONTET