Author Topic: Mary Roberts  (Read 610 times)

Offline Quarryman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Mary Roberts
« on: Thursday 26 July 18 20:41 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have a CD/hard copy of the 1841 census for Llanllechidd? If so, could they do me a big favour and look at the Gwaun y gwiail entry for for farmer William Roberts and farm inhabitants. One of the inhabitants of the farm is Mary Roberts, who I believe is the widow of my ggg grandfather. Unfortunately I cannot decipher her ageon my CD; it looks like 73 but this is impossible as ages in the 1841 census were always rounded down to the nearest 5 years.
It could also be 23 - again impossible. I would like to believe it is in fact 75 - rounded down from my ggg grandmothers real age of 78. The Roberts next door family had a daughter Mary, but she would have been only 12 in 1841. Along with siblings William and Daniel (who were staying at the Williams farm when the census was taken) she was not at the family home, possibly a servant at another family

Any help gratefully received.
Roberts, Caernarfon. Thomas, Caernarfon. Kite, Kent.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Roberts
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 July 18 21:16 BST (UK) »

Not all were rounded.

Gadget

See next psot
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 July 18 21:17 BST (UK) »
Now think it's 13!

Will do a snip
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 July 18 21:19 BST (UK) »
Snip - it's the middle one