Author Topic: Scottish footballer Matthew McLintock Scott colourisation  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish footballer Matthew McLintock Scott colourisation
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 July 18 12:39 BST (UK) »
One from me, hope this is OK
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline DrDude45

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great minds... go unappreciated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 July 18 18:51 BST (UK) »
A bit more cleaning, enhanced the lion and gave the hat a blue hue. Let me know what you think.
Thank you, that does look fantastic. I don't want to come across as abrasive though. My thoughts were that though the uniform might have sustained some wear and tear, it was unlikely the colour of the badge would have faded significantly. And also, I did a quick Google to check some of the Scotland caps and I think my examples were quite poor; the vast majority, including early caps, look dark blue rather than black. I think you've done a great job nonetheless.

Glad you're happy with the pics. Don't mistake the way I talk on here as me thinking you're being 'abrasive'. I have a very mechanical way of speaking, so it can come off as odd or terse, but I was just acknowledging your requests. I try not to take too much 'artistic license' with the image, keeping it as close to the original image/request as possible, though sometimes that just isn't possible with severely damaged photos, and this one was really a treat to work on.

I really enjoy doing the photo work and am glad when people get what they want & like the finished product.

Anything further I can help on, let me know.

Dr. Dude
I just like to do photo restores.

Offline gisela

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 July 18 16:33 BST (UK) »
Late one from me.