Author Topic: Where to go next mc cormack  (Read 7078 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go next mc cormack
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 06 September 18 20:33 BST (UK) »
Thank-you, Sinann.
Cowban

Offline Fatfinger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 07 September 18 04:58 BST (UK) »
Sadly after a lot of searching today the record of Mary’s death with her daughter as the informant is not my Mary after all she was a widow of a Daniel Mccormack not a James I’m sorry I don’t know how to post index of records so my next thing is to establish if the 1938 marriage record for Mary McCormack to James Doyle is her I can only verify if it’s her if the age matches up as other details seem to match so tomorrow I’ll ring the church and see can I get baptism details to confirm age.
Back to the drawing board as they say😩

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 07 September 18 08:10 BST (UK) »
Oh dear I am so sorry.
I presume you mean the widow of  Daniel Doyle not McCormack or was the daughter the widow of Daniel McCormack?
We don’t know how much information you have re Mary’s origins - the marriage shows her father as Stephen, I think. If you know that is her, then that is the way, perhaps.
Do remember too that ages vary for all sorts of reasons.
Good luck with the phone calls. Whose baptism are you searching?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 07 September 18 12:06 BST (UK) »
I have to apologise for mistakenly saying in my post #33 yesterday after looking at the death registration of Mary Doyle 1954 that she was widow of James Doyle, C.I.E. fitter. I'd read it straight after Mary's marriage registration so must have had James stuck in my mind.  :-[
I'll amend my post #33.
That means C.I.E. records are not needed.
So we don't know when Mary died.
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 07 September 18 12:22 BST (UK) »
…  my next thing is to establish if the 1938 marriage record for Mary McCormack to James Doyle is her I can only verify if it’s her if the age matches up as other details seem to match so tomorrow I’ll ring the church and see can I get baptism details to confirm age.
Back to the drawing board as they say😩

Marriage registration didn't give their ages, just that they were of full age, i.e. over 21.

If the priest who conducted the marriage sent the information to Mary's birth parish (if she married in a different parish) the information might have been added to her baptism record.

PS. Just checked baptism register for my GF and his sisters who were contemporaries of Mary McCormack. None of them had marriages added on; some others baptised same year had marriage information. So hit & miss.
Cowban

Offline Fatfinger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 08 September 18 07:31 BST (UK) »
It's not my Mary's death certificate so I've still no death for my Mary born 1891 in offaly ireland that's why I'm going to ask the church in Portarlington where the marriage of Mary McCormack and James Doyle took place for a baptism cert for Mary so I can cross check ages .then I can start again on deaths if she became a Doyle.
I'm thinking my gut instinct is right that she's in an unmarked grave somewhere.