Author Topic: South Shields PRs before 1763 - Sellars family  (Read 707 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
South Shields PRs before 1763 - Sellars family
« on: Saturday 28 July 18 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi can anyone please tell me if the parish records for South Shields have been published or transcribed at all for before 1763?

This is when the BTs date from and are the ones viewable on familysearch. However I have seen that the PRs survive from 1653.

I am looking to find out more about Richard Sellars a mariner who married widow Mary Bruce by licence in South Shields in 1754.

The only child I have for them is my ancestor Mary Sellars/Cousins/McKay in 1765 but I assume there were were more children, perhaps also to her first marriage as well.

I also assume that the Sellars family could also have come from South Shields and his baptism might be in earlier records.

If anyone is able to help with this query I would be most grateful.

Thank you,
Jon

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: South Shields PRs before 1763 - Sellars family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 July 18 22:43 BST (UK) »
I have not found a complete copy anywhere but the records have been filmed and are available at familysearch/LDS centres to view. List of records available from their catalogue

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mfc/
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: South Shields PRs before 1763 - Sellars family
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 July 18 22:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, David. Looks like I will need to check them out there then.

Best wishes and thanks,
Jon