Author Topic: Wyn and Ivy Black (Adams) of Brixton: Musical stars of the 1930s.  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wyn and Ivy Black (Adams) of Brixton: Musical stars of the 1930s.
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 19:37 BST (UK) »
Wow....great find Chris and Shaun...I have been out all day and thought about.."Where else can I look"....Love this post, I wish the photo was mine  ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 21:12 BST (UK) »
I agree, Carol.  They certainly seem to have led a very glamorous life.  Fascinating peek back in history; I love the fact that they were described as 'Theatricals'!
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DrDude45

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great minds... go unappreciated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 21:56 BST (UK) »
Couldn't resist a simple cleanup of the photo. Here's two different exposures.  Hope you enjoy! Did my best not to damage the signatures.
I just like to do photo restores.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 22:26 BST (UK) »
I agree, Carol.  They certainly seem to have led a very glamorous life.  Fascinating peek back in history; I love the fact that they were described as 'Theatricals'!

Yes I like that too Chris.....they look full of fun don't they. I'm pleased to see that Kevin has had the title changed at my suggestion, maybe we will get some interest in the photo from researchers now.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline DrDude45

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great minds... go unappreciated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 23:45 BST (UK) »
Just figured I'd add a bit of color.
I just like to do photo restores.

Offline Kevin, now in Chester

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 09 August 18 14:36 BST (UK) »
Very nice colouring, Dr Dude.  Thank you.

I'll aim to put the story of this fantastic research by many Rootschat members together for Cockney Ancestor, the magazine of the East of London Family History Society.

Kevin, now in Chester
Taylor, Wright, Paul (East London) and Carter (Wickford, Orsett, Grays, Leyton, Essex), Holmes (Folkestone) and McHugh/McCue (Ireland/Pontypridd/Chester/Saltney)