Author Topic: Northumberland Parish Records on Family Search  (Read 4090 times)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Northumberland Parish Records on Family Search
« on: Monday 30 July 18 08:40 BST (UK) »
Transcripts of the above are now available. I had hoped that the images would be available too but it would appear that they still have to be viewed in a Familysearch centre.

One plus is that you may find transcripts for parishes not readily available elsewhere.The parish of Lambley is a case in point.

I also suspect  that this is just a first batch of records and that it will be updated in the future.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Northumberland Parish Records on Family Search
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 July 18 10:28 BST (UK) »
There are some images available here

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2353070

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 July 18 10:47 BST (UK) »
Yes that is the collection which has just been released and which I was referring to. The images can only be seen at a FamilySearch Centre. Pity.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 July 18 10:54 BST (UK) »
Doh!  My fault for not clicking on the camera icon before I posted.

Sorry  ::)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 July 18 13:35 BST (UK) »
Having just read the Familysearch wiki about this collection I am now intrigued by the following:

" This collection is available at the Family History Library,Family Search Centers and to members of"the LDS Church. "These images may be viewable to users who have contributed to the Family Search indexing effort...The images are also available to all viewers for a fee at Findmypast". (The wiki was last modified on the 25 July).

It is the final sentence that caught my eye. I cannot see anything on FindMyPast as yet but are we to assume something to look forward to in a forthcoming FindMyPast Friday?

William

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 July 18 13:58 BST (UK) »

It is the final sentence that caught my eye. I cannot see anything on FindMyPast as yet but are we to assume something to look forward to in a forthcoming FindMyPast Friday?

William
I hope so as my local FHS is now shut until September!
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 July 18 14:55 BST (UK) »

"These images may be viewable to users who have contributed to the Family Search indexing effort...

Well I've done plenty of indexing for FS in my time, but I can't see the images.   :(

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 July 18 15:38 BST (UK) »
Having just read the Familysearch wiki about this collection I am now intrigued by the following:

" This collection is available at the Family History Library,Family Search Centers and to members of"the LDS Church. "These images may be viewable to users who have contributed to the Family Search indexing effort...The images are also available to all viewers for a fee at Findmypast". (The wiki was last modified on the 25 July).

William

Would it be possible to provide a link to that please I have tried (on familysearch) to no avail.

thank you
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 July 18 15:44 BST (UK) »
Click on the link provided by Small Town Girl in post 2 above and then click on "Learn more ".

William