Author Topic: DNA halplogroup I2a2  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Bay89

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DNA halplogroup I2a2
« on: Tuesday 31 July 18 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hi I live in Ohio and I recently took a 23andMe ancestry and health DNA test and I was categorized under the current I-L126 (I2a2a1a1a1a). I was more concerned about the ancestry because I've spent the last five years tracing my direct line ancestors with the surname Bay. Traced my line back to John Bay living in Baltimore Maryland approximately 1642 a William Ayers claim to headright claim on him. John Bay left Gravesend London on the ship safety as far as I can tell he was or would have been classified as a non conformist in England he was 16 years old in 1635 that same year he left for the colonies. I want to go further back and trace my ancestry at least back to the time when surnames were becoming anglicized. I'm at a loss there are three to four distinct Bay family bloodlines. each with a different origin, including the variation of the surname Bay. The variations of the name each lead to a different ancestral origin: Bay;Bays;Bey. Bye;Bay;By. Bayeux;Baye;Bay. MacBay;Mac Bay;McBay Mac an Bheatha;Mac an Beatha; MacBheatha;MacBeatha; MacBeath; McBeth. Also found a family Sept of O'Bay of Clan McLean.

My closest decendant that has a registered ftdna 37 marker test is Thomas Bay 1741-1826 Fredrick county VA (I2b1a) I-L126. He is my direct descendant and paternal grandfather 7 generations back.

I'm finding that I-L126 is considered indigenous to the British Isles is also classified as Isles Scot. I'm ultimately looking for family DNA projects I have variations of my surname or even perhaps other family surnames that have been traced to specific area Clan or tribe with my haplogroup. My goal is to figure out which Bay family line then my family belongs to any help would be tremendously appreciated as well as any tips or advice thank you all
BAY; Bayes;Bays

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: DNA halplogroup I2a2
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 14:09 BST (UK) »
If you have a Family Tree DNA login you can access a group project that can help. If not register then search projects but search under M223
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline Bay89

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 17:00 BST (UK) »
thanks for the reply!..I do have a login for family tree DNA, but my 23andme raw dna data wont upload there. Not sure how to join a project or start one. It gets me boggled in the mind trying to organize my notes when I'm trying to match surnames location and haplogroups. I've searched m223, m284, old I2b1a, I2a2a, I-L126. with so many different last names that are not at all a variation of mine.. and locations in ireland scotland wales and england..I'm realizing they all must have belonged to the same tribe I'm decended from. whatever trive that may be.. I have narrowed down possible ancient tribal origins based on locations of archealogical finds of ancient dna as well the comparison of dna projects....possibles tribes (I may be wrong) Ivernians, Gaels, very ancient Norse-Gael. and the location and time frame l.. the kindom of Dal Riata seems to be pointing in the right direction.

I would love to find a Mcbeth dna project, or even a Dna project of rhe decendents of Odo De Bayeux.
BAY; Bayes;Bays

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 17:10 BST (UK) »
I can't help you at all, but I couldn't help suggesting that you call your research project Baywatch. I'll get my coat and leave...

Martin

Offline Bay89

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 18:11 BST (UK) »
 :D :)
BAY; Bayes;Bays