Author Topic: obituary in Saskatchewan  (Read 1060 times)

Offline snowolf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
obituary in Saskatchewan
« on: Wednesday 01 August 18 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
i'm looking for 2 obituarys , in Saskatchewan ,
   first one is .....Daniel Kennedy  (b) 1905 Scotland , (d) 1981,
second one is ....Robert Alexander Kennedy  (b) 1907 Scotland...(d)  1983,he was married
 to Clara .E.Nene, she died 1978,
the Kennedy's lived in North Battlefield in 1916 census  with parents ,however not sure if still in same area when they dies ,just know it was Saskatchewan ,
that would be great if anyone can help please ,
oh their parents names were Charles & Agnes kennedy.

Thanks ,
Snowolf
"Durward"... (logie-pert, Dundee, Scotland,& Sydney ,Australia ,New Hampshire , U.S.A ).  "Johnston"..(Logie-pert, "Smith".."Arbuthnott/ monifieth/Montrose/laurencekirk , Scotland) "Kennedy"..(Dundee,Comrie) Scotland  & Australia. "Marshall"..(alloa, Clackmannanshire , Scotland). 
" Myles".. ( Scone, Perthshire , Scotland).
"Edward".. (Kincardneshire ,Dundee,Scotland),  Taylor..(Garvock,Kincardineshire,Scotland) , "Young"..(Kincardineshire),Scotland.
"Robertson"..Perthshire ,Scotland)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: obituary in Saskatchewan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 18:22 BST (UK) »
For info to help with dates if someone is trawling newspapers - - Anc tree gives Daniel Kennedy - 18 April 1905 -  passed away 14 October 1981 Shellbrook, Saskatchewan.

wife - Mabel Ovedin Stene 1909–1994
born  3 October 1909 - Shellbrook, Saskatchewan, Canada passed away 23 April 1994 - Prince Albert, Saskatchewan,

Robert Alexander Kennedy - 27 March 1907 - passed away 4 August 1983 -  Shellbrook, Saskatchewan.

wife Clara  Enanda Stene Kennedy passed away before Robert - 13 April 1912 - passed away 5 August 1976  Shellbrook, Saskatchewan.

Obituary Shellbrook Chronical - Newspaper Archives | 10 August 1983, page 11 (subscription unless someone has access  :'()

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 18:41 BST (UK) »
Shellbrook Chronicle, Nov 11 1981
Mr Daniel "Donald" Kennedy...it describes the funeral, says he was 76, husband of Mabel Kennedy.  He was from Shellbrook and died at the Shellbrook Hospital on Oct 14 1981.   Obit says he was predeceased by an infant son; his parents - Mr and Mrs Charlie Kennedy; one sister - Mrs Mary Wylie; one brother - Charlie Kennedy.  He is survived by his wife - Mabel; two sons and two daughters - R (P Little) of Shellbrook; R (E Vavra) of Melfort; M (Mrs G Elliott) of Vanderhoof B.C.; and D (E Peterson) of Turner Valley, Alberta; 14 grandchildren, 5 great grandchildren; one brother - Bob Kennedy of Shellbrook; one sister - Aggie (Mrs Milt Sterling) of Shellbrook; numerous nieces and nephews. 

He was born April 18, 1905 in Scotland and came with his parents to Shellbrook in 1909.  They took a homestead.  Donald has lived in the area all his life and worked as a mechanic at Agnew Motors for a number of years and for Searle Grain, repairing elevator motors.  He married Mabel in 1927. 

Interment Shellbrook Cemetery,

RK

Offline snowolf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 19:51 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Sandra ,and especially Runkitty , that was a good bit of information there ,
can't thankyou enough!! ;D
cheers,
Snowolf
"Durward"... (logie-pert, Dundee, Scotland,& Sydney ,Australia ,New Hampshire , U.S.A ).  "Johnston"..(Logie-pert, "Smith".."Arbuthnott/ monifieth/Montrose/laurencekirk , Scotland) "Kennedy"..(Dundee,Comrie) Scotland  & Australia. "Marshall"..(alloa, Clackmannanshire , Scotland). 
"Edward".. (Kincardneshire ,Dundee,Scotland),  Taylor..(Garvock,Kincardineshire,Scotland) , "Young"..(Kincardineshire),Scotland.

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 20:01 BST (UK) »
Shellbrook Chronicle, Aug 10 1983

Obituary for Robert Alexander Kennedy.  He was from Shellbrook and passed away at the Shellbrook Hospital on Aug 4 1983.  He was predeceased by his wife Clara (nee Stene) in Aug of 1976, and infant son, a son in law Stuart Wason in 1972, his parents Charlie and Agnes Kennedy, 1 sister Mary Wylie, and 2 brothers Charlie and Donald.  He is survived by a daughter and 2 sons .. J Wason of Shellbrook, H (Ethel Gill) of Shellbrook and M (V Mumm) of Shellbrook, I sister Agnes (Mrs Milt Sterling) of Shellbrook, 14 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren.

Mr Kennedy was born March 27th, 1907 in "Piplochy Perphire" Scotland (that is what it says - obviously a mistake!!).  He came to Canada with his family in 1909.  Their homestead was just south of Shellbrook.  He married Clara Stene in 1932.  He quit farming in 1955 and worked for various farm implement dealers, the M. S. Garage in Shellbrook, and the Sterling Concrete Company. 

Interment Shellbrook Cemetery

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 20:02 BST (UK) »
Looking for Clara now...

I have used initials for several of the people mentioned in the obits... It is RootsChat policy not to post the names of living people.   I can PM you full names if you require.

RK

Offline snowolf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 20:53 BST (UK) »
hi runkitty ,
Thankyou sooooo! much for looking all this up for me ,yes! i'd really appreaiate it if you can pm the full names please.
snowolf ;D

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 22:45 BST (UK) »
I found an obituary for their sister Agnes Kennedy Sterling too... from 1994.  Do you have it?   She died in Shellbrook on Jan 7 1994, aged 91.  Says she came from Pitlochry Perthshire when she was seven.  It says her father came the year earlier and the family came to join him.   They homesteaded in the Brightholme district.  Her parents were Charles Kennedy and Agnes Waddel ........  etc etc.....

RK

Offline jeffster

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 03:46 BST (UK) »
Hey snowolf,

My mom lives up in Shellbrook, and I can pop by the cemetery on my next time up (possibly next week)… it seems it hasn't been quite transcribed yet. 

There are a bunch of Stene families up there, etc. so there may be some intermarriages etc. … If you can PM me a list of names to check in the cemetery I will see what I can do...Brightholme is approximately 30 minutes south of Shellbrook for point of reference..

I will try to get to library here in town to see if the Shellbrook history book lends some leads as well..

Jeff