Author Topic: Baker - Calgary  (Read 829 times)

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baker - Calgary
« on: Wednesday 01 August 18 17:48 BST (UK) »
I'm having trouble finding Calgary obituaries from the 1990's online. Could someone point me to a source or if you have access, could you look up obituaries for a Claude Baker who died March 20, 1992 and Hilda Baker who died May 31 1993.

Thanks Linda

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Baker - Calgary
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 19:09 BST (UK) »
FIND A GRAVE

Claude Sherman Baker 1918 - 1992 (aged 73–74)

BURIAL    Mountain View Memorial Gardens Calgary, Calgary Census Division, Alberta, Canada
PLOT   Devotion

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/135679685

Hilda Doll Baker -    

1912 - 31 May 1993 (aged 80–81)

Burial -     Mountain View Memorial Gardens Calgary, Calgary Census Division, Alberta, Canada
PLOT   Devotion

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/135679747/hilda-baker

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 19:16 BST (UK) »
http://www.albertagenealogy-research.ca/?page_id=174

This company will get obituaries from Alberta for a fee.  Both Claude and Hilda are listed on their site with an obituary in Calgary newspaper.
With such precise dates have you asked the Calgary library if they would search for an obituary for you.  Most libraries are quite helpful in that regard and do it free while others will charge.

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 22:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks - will try the Calgary library and then the other service if that fails.

Regards, Linda

Offline Boopdogg

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 December 18 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Hey Linda just wondering what you were looking g for and if you were able to find the info as these are my grandparents from my dad's side.

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 December 18 20:44 GMT (UK) »
To Boopdogg - I did get the information from the Calgary library.  Claude Baker was my grandmother's brother - her name was Beatrice Baker.  So that would make us second cousins.

I have very little information on Claude and his family other than some names plus some old photos that were in my parent's boxes of photos.    Would you be willing to help me fill in the missing information on your side of the family?

I have a lot of information on the Baker ancestors that I can share with you if interested.  Probably easier to continue the conversation through regular email as I can attach reports from my genealogy software and photos, etc.  I can be reached at (deleted as per request).
Regards, Linda

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 December 18 21:21 GMT (UK) »
lhorosko, you should not post your email on this open public part of the forum to protect your privacy and prevent spamming, etc. You can remove it by using the modify button.

Since you and  Boopdogg were both on line as I started to type this, you may already have connected through the email but, if not, email addresses are best sent through the PM (private message) system.  Boopdogg would need to make 3 posts, even to just say "Hi", to access PMs.

Regards
PB  :)
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 06:37 GMT (UK) »
Thanks and done!