Author Topic: FindMyPast DNA  (Read 7714 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FindMyPast DNA
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 16:30 BST (UK) »
Same as at Ancestry, Kim.

If the other person has given you full access to their DNA results and has agreed that you may upload them elsewhere, you can set up an account with them and give an alternative email address of your own.

This is what I did with my husband's DNA results, he is not the slightest bit interested.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 27 September 18 16:45 BST (UK) »
I note on the free offer to upload before 1st October, on the first findmypast page it says
https://www.findmypast.co.uk/ancestry-dna-testing/

"Get the world's most detailed ethnicity results for free, including your British and Irish regional breakdown"

but when you click through, it says

"You will also have the option to upgrade your account to get further analysis of your results such as ethnicity breakdowns."

So does the free offer only include regional breakdown for Britain and Ireland but not elsewhere ????

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 27 September 18 17:40 BST (UK) »
Have you read the original post, melba_schmelba and the following answers?

Don't know that anybody knows as yet exactly what they will and won't be charging for.

I still haven't got any results back from them from end of August, nearly a month. Most other uploads took only a day or two at most.

Matches won't be readily available until the end of the year, but ethnicity estimates, (if I were interested!!), shouldn't take that long.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 27 September 18 20:56 BST (UK) »
Have you read the original post, melba_schmelba and the following answers?

Don't know that anybody knows as yet exactly what they will and won't be charging for.

I still haven't got any results back from them from end of August, nearly a month. Most other uploads took only a day or two at most.

Matches won't be readily available until the end of the year, but ethnicity estimates, (if I were interested!!), shouldn't take that long.

Regards Margaret
Margaret I missed that ;), there seems to be quite a discrepancy - I may email them and ask.

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 27 September 18 21:35 BST (UK) »
I think I have found the answer :). It is related to their One Family Research Project, that is being done in conjunction with Eupedia and Verein für Computergenealogie. Deadline is 1st October, 4 days to go!!!!

https://www.eupedia.com/genetics/

http://www.compgen.de/

"Living DNA is setting out to build a worldwide genetic family tree as well as producing a fine scale map of the world's ancestry to help explore and understand both recent and ancient migrations.
That’s where you can help, so if you’ve done a DNA test you can upload your existing results for FREE and have access to DNA matches from late 2018, or you can buy a Living DNA test."

and

"You will be helping to create a legacy for future generations to come, as you are part of the last generation who can help us capture a research project with great detail and accuracy.
As a thank-you for taking part in our research project, you will be able to find DNA matches with other people in the project as well as people who have taken a Living DNA test.
This will help those that are interested find new ‘genetic cousins’ and connect with once unknown relatives around the world. The free upload does not provide an ethnic breakdown."

"We are currently accepting DNA uploads from anyone around the world who wishes to be a part of this project.
The One Family project is open to everyone worldwide and has two main research goals:
To build a genetic family tree of everyone from around the world, regardless of where your family comes from.
To build a regional genetic breakdown of ancestry within countries, similar to 'The Peopling of the British Isles project'. This part of the project is looking for people with all four grandparents born within 80km (50mi) of each other inside our project areas of interest.
Anyone with autosomal DNA data who wishes to upload to us will qualify for the first part of our research project.
If you have all four of your grandparents born within 80km of one another, you will also qualify for the second part of our research project."

So they are mainly looking for 'pure' samples of people whose all four grandparents are born within 80km / 50 miles of each other, basically everywhere except England, Wales, North/South/East Africa, the New World, Australasia and Polynesia, full country list -:

Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland

France, Iberia (Spain, Portugal), Switzerland, Benelux (Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands), Germany, Italy

Nordics and Baltics (Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)

Poland, Eastern Europe, Caucasus & Siberia (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine)

Southeast Europe (Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Kosovo)

West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo (Brazzaville), Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo)

Middle East (Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen)

Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan)

China & Mongolia (China, Mongolia, Taiwan)

South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)

Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Southeast Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)

But they are also building a worldwide genetic family tree, so English, Welsh, Americans, Australians etc. can also contribute if they want to be part of that, and you will get genetic matches shown to you in a month or so.

Offline Hmootm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 01 November 18 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone, I uploaded my DNA on the Find my Past website in August and was expecting to be shown DNA matches on November 1st.  I've had a look through the website but don't see anything, does anyone else have any matches yet?

H x
Gedmatch kit number: A783595
Linkston, linkstone, Linkson (Scotland)
Hutchison (Scotland)
Hay (Scotland)
Mekzsraites (Russia/ Lithuania, changed to Marshall when immigrants to Scotland)
Stevenson (Ireland / Scotland)
Fadian, English, Vesey, Gielty, Gallagher, Masterson (Achill, Co Mayo.)

Offline Jill Eaton

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 01 November 18 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone, I uploaded my DNA on the Find my Past website in August and was expecting to be shown DNA matches on November 1st.  I've had a look through the website but don't see anything, does anyone else have any matches yet?

H x

I had my DNA tested at LivingDNA and also have a Findmypast subscription. I've logged into both LivingDNA and Findmypast and haven't got any Family Network matches on either site
Davis - Berkshire & London
Sutcliffe - Yorkshire & London
Harrington - Ireland and London
Fuller - Cambridgeshire and Essex
Waldron/Waldren - Devon & London
Frisby and Lee - Leicestershire
Hollingsworth - Essex
Williams - Ireland? and London
Ellis, Reed & Temple - London
Lane - ?
Surplice/Surplus - Cambridgeshire
Elwood - Cambridgeshire

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 01 November 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »

H x

I had my DNA tested at LivingDNA and also have a Findmypast subscription. I've logged into both LivingDNA and Findmypast and haven't got any Family Network matches on either site
I was told by Living DNA that Family Networks is not going live until late 2018 ETA, so could be December.

Offline Hmootm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 01 November 18 13:24 GMT (UK) »

H x

H x

I was told by Living DNA that Family Networks is not going live until late 2018 ETA, so could be December.

Oh, that's disappointing, I guess I must have missed the update from them 😓😓
Gedmatch kit number: A783595
Linkston, linkstone, Linkson (Scotland)
Hutchison (Scotland)
Hay (Scotland)
Mekzsraites (Russia/ Lithuania, changed to Marshall when immigrants to Scotland)
Stevenson (Ireland / Scotland)
Fadian, English, Vesey, Gielty, Gallagher, Masterson (Achill, Co Mayo.)