Author Topic: Francis Gentile or Francis Taylor born 1898  (Read 3324 times)

Offline woodworth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Francis Gentile or Francis Taylor born 1898
« on: Tuesday 09 August 05 18:00 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any links with Francis Gentile or Francis Taylor Mother Annie Taylor born about 1870 Yorkshire.

I already have the information from the 1901 census.

George Wooworth
Researching: Gentile - Yorkshire, Shrewsbury, Oswestry Chester.  Woodworth - Handbridge Chester. Taylor - Yorkshire and Chester. Ellis - Wrexham. Wraight - Margate Kent

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Gentile or Francis Taylor born 1898
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 18:14 BST (UK) »
Hi George
What info are you actually looking for, if you let us know what you want we may be able to find it for you?
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nessie

• I am sorry my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 18:17 BST (UK) »
Just checked the 1891 census and found 76 Annie Taylors in Yorkshire.
As Anne said, give us a bit more information please.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 September 05 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hello George
I had a spur of the moment thing this week and
I saw something today that reminded me of something on Rootschat. That might be of interest to whoever it was;D Have just spent ages trawling the pages ;D,I found you. So checked your last posting to see how far you have got.I found 25 posting mostly on the same subject in different counties. going back to July,you have asked questions but not replied to some replies so i don't know what you have.Have you settled anywhere yet.which counties are you dealing with at the moment?And what have you found out so far.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 September 05 22:02 BST (UK) »
George have put you P.M on here  because it isn't really personnel, hope you don't mind  ;)

Hi Celia,
Sorry I haven't been in touch I have been away for a few days.its a long story, I was hoping that someone was researching the same families. Briefly these two young ladies are the daughters of my grandfathers first marriage to an Annie Taylor born in Yorkshire about 1870 ( father James Taylor Blacksmith deceased at the time of marriage in 1892). I found the family under the name of Gentile in Chester on the 1901 census. My grandfather Girolomo Gentile, came from Italy around 1888 and married Annie under the name of John Taylor. I have found the birth certificate of Francis Gentile, but not Eleanor born about 1895. she could have been registered as Taylor. The marriage to Annie broke up betwean 1906 and 1909 and Girolomo teamed up with my grandmother Elizabeth Woods. I don't know what happened to the girls or where they went, but my grandmother and grandfather went to live in Shropshire. The areas I am researching are Chester where I come from Yorkshire and Shrewsbury and Shropshire.

I can send you the long version if you want.

Best wishes

George

No its O.K i don't need any info. I wanted to ask you if you are in contact with anyone in chester,you don't give a location,thats handy to know at times.It will save me telling you something you already might know ;D
 Please use the topic to reply Thank u

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline woodworth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia,

I live about 9 miles away from Chester in North Wales. I am in Chester on a regular basis, I have lots of Cousins there.
Researching: Gentile - Yorkshire, Shrewsbury, Oswestry Chester.  Woodworth - Handbridge Chester. Taylor - Yorkshire and Chester. Ellis - Wrexham. Wraight - Margate Kent

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 11:20 BST (UK) »
Hello George
if you have have contacts in Chester you will know about the memorial in the cemetery  that i  came across. So i presume it is your family.It looked beautiful with the sun shining on it.

Good look with your research
Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline woodworth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia,

No I am not aware of the memorial, Could it be my uncle Antonio and aunt Agnes or my cousin Fergus. Which cemetery was it in? The crematorium staff are looking for my Granfathers grave in the Overliegh cemetery at the present time. They say they know the location, but will have to identify all the graves in the area to locate it.

I look forward to the information.

George

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 01:18 BST (UK) »
Hello George
I went out for the day  to chester and decided to find Overliegh Cemetery.No One told me there was two.Anyway I was walking round (the newer cemetery not the old one) decided i was to tired and would make my way home.I turned half way round and saw this lovely Stone ,I think it was Gerelomo or something like that and it said in memory of my dear mother.I don't think it was a grave as it was to near the path.Think its a memorial headstone not sure.If it isn't a burial it wont be in the burial registers.When you go in the main Gates there is a lodge on the left hand side.Further up there is another building with seats outside.If you walk past those seats and keep going Till you pass an untidy ground then a bigger plot (on the left)you cant miss it.Looks new,I took a photo of it  by the way,But i only cleared my camera last week so have only got 4 photos in it.Cant download them on my P.C.
Have to get them developed.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials