Author Topic: adaptors?  (Read 1293 times)

Online familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: adaptors?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 August 18 08:44 BST (UK) »
The tablet charging leads do have a cable such as you describe Mark but it's male to male.  What would be needed in order to plug in a normal USB flash drive would be male to female.  Although I believe you can now get USB flash drives with dual connectors, small and normal, one each end, so they can be plugged straight in to the tablet.

In terms of FH software, the market seems to be quite limited and the look and feel of what you end up with could be very different from what you're used to.
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: adaptors?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 August 18 09:34 BST (UK) »
The tablet charging leads do have a cable such as you describe Mark but it's male to male.  What would be needed in order to plug in a normal USB flash drive would be male to female.  Although I believe you can now get USB flash drives with dual connectors, small and normal, one each end, so they can be plugged straight in to the tablet.

In terms of FH software, the market seems to be quite limited and the look and feel of what you end up with could be very different from what you're used to.

Hi

On my Samsung Tab 3 with original Samsung UK Voltage Reducer Plug & Lead. I simply unplug the USB plug end from the Samsung UK Voltage Reducer Plug and can plug into a USB port on my pc, connecting the Tablet to PC.

But this may not be the same now, or with other Tablet devices, as you point out.

Agree ...
I have added some more comments (while you were posting) and I would be very disappointed to only have a Tablet for Family History purposes, I find a Tablet has limits. Perhaps, I'm not fully au fait with a Tablet.

But I occasionally write letters in MS Word to print & post, like to edit / restore document images (photos), open & download huge Pdfs etc and don't like devices that won't open some small Pdfs and MS Word documents, if my Tablet can't convert them or choses not to open them.

I suppose the question for some may be replacement affordability.

PC Repairs
Think I paid about £100 for a new pc hardrive and all my files & pics of documents transferred. Even got all those deleted back too. My Wife went to another so called PC business with a PC problem and they were useless (they even left their Techicians CD in the PC drive) cost £40. We took the CD & PC back who did get the PC working. But finally took it to the other PC chap in the end, I had used, when it played up again.

Mark