Author Topic: eleanor teresa ducie  (Read 3554 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: eleanor teresa ducie
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 August 18 05:42 BST (UK) »
Michael, son, indeed, of Thomas and Teresa, was my grandfather and father of Eleanor Teresa (born 16th October 1919). Michael married twice, the second time to Brigid Moore after his first wife, another Teresa, died - not sure when.  There were brothers to Michael - Peter, Patrick and James (who emigrated to America) - all the brothers served in the British Army (there was no employment available in Carlow)...all of them received service medals... in addition, my grandfather was gassed and invalided out of the army and hospitalised for a time in Dover.

I have their service records - those that your links, Daithi, refer to.

There were still other children, details of whom are, as yet, not fully traced.

All very well. A history is being assembled.  But the necessity for me is to obtain my mother's and my grandfather's birth certificates if at all possible so as to back my own claim to (or wish for) Irish citizenship.

References in civil registers, as I see it, are not enough.  The certificates themselves are crucial.

The ways and means, as outlined by correspondents here, and the various governmental websites, indicate that copies of birth certificates may be obtained but fail to say if these copies are sufficient unto the day.

Or, as might be quite likely, I'm missing something or have misread.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 04 August 18 08:15 BST (UK) »
I've been through a citizenship process years ago but suspect it's become more bureaucratic since 9/11 and Brexit. Certainly Ireland has seen a huge amount of applicants coming forward to keep in the EU once Britain voted to leave.

Did you follow through all the appropriate links for the site I posted? this page gives details of doucments- certified copies of passports mentioned and copies & photocopies of civil records.
https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/citizenship/born-abroad/registering-a-foreign-birth/

Not sure where in France you live but you might want to contact the Irish Embassy there for more detailed advice (although they may just refer you to the above site).
https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/france/

If you think it might be difficult obtaining citizenship you should try renouncing citizenship for another country!
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 04 August 18 08:30 BST (UK) »

References in civil registers, as I see it, are not enough.  The certificates themselves are crucial.

The ways and means, as outlined by correspondents here, and the various governmental websites, indicate that copies of birth certificates may be obtained but fail to say if these copies are sufficient unto the day.

Or, as might be quite likely, I'm missing something or have misread.

roly

All you need to know was posted in the Link

http://citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/irish_citizenship_through_birth_or_descent.html

We didn't fail to say if these copies are sufficient unto the day as no one knows how you qualify!

Were you  born outside Ireland to an Irish citizen who was born outside Ireland ??

Was one of your grandparents  an Irish citizen who was born in Ireland, but neither of your parents was born in Ireland??

Read http://citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/irish_citizenship_through_birth_or_descent.html

and the Links contained therein E.G.  You can use the online tool on the INIS website to check if you are an Irish citizen by birth or decent.

But you will need the €20 Certified Certificate....
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 04 August 18 08:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Hallmark...As I wrote - I misread or simply didn't follow.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 04 August 18 08:46 BST (UK) »
This has already been posted documenting exactly what you need....

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/citizenship/born-abroad/registering-a-foreign-birth/

Grandparent born in Ireland

Documents you must submit with your application:

Your documents:

Original long form civil Birth Certificate (plus photocopy)
    Original civil Marriage Certificate (plus photocopy) - Church certificates cannot be accepted
    Certified/Notarised copy of the photograph page of current passport or state issued identity document (e.g. Driver's Licence)
    If 18 years or over - two separate documents showing proof of residence e.g. phone bill, gas/electricity bill.
    If under 18 years – A school report/doctor’s letter showing proof of residence of applicant and two separate proofs of residence for the applying Irish parent.

Your parent’s documents (through whom you’re claiming citizenship)

Original civil Marriage Certificate (plus photocopy) - Church certificates cannot be accepted
    Certified/Notarized copy of the photograph page of current passport or state issued identity document (e.g. Driver's Licence) or original Death Certificate if deceased (plus photocopy)

Your Irish-born grandparent’s details:

Certified/Notarized copy of the photograph page of current passport or state issued identity document (e.g. Driver's Licence) or original Death Certificate if deceased (plus photocopy)

Translating your documents

Please submit certified translations of any of the documents (plus a photocopy of each document) listed above if the originals are in a language other than English or Irish.

Further documentation

We may ask you to submit more documents to support your application.

Checklist

When you submit and print your online application form, a checklist of the documents you need will also print out. You need to:

Make sure that you have paid online
    Make sure you’ve included all the documents required plus one photocopy of each document on the checklist with your application

Remember…

If you haven’t included all the requested documents, your application may be returned to you.

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 09 August 18 12:09 BST (UK) »
A few more details.  I got Michael Ducie's marriage the wrong way round.  He married Brigid Moore in 1917 in Carlow.  Brigid, I believe, died in c. 1924-5, perhaps as a consequencce of complications during the birth of Peter, my half-sister's brother.

Apropos my mother, Eleanor Teresa: she served with BAOR though I don't know the commencement of service nor its cessation.  I do have a few details of her service in Berlin - at RAF Gatow, it seems.

She married Louis Sabot in Dusseldrof - I don't yet have a date...Can't raise the GRO Consular Marriage Index.  I'm chasing a marriage certificate that the Sabot family has.

Any help gratefully received.