Author Topic: Derry city cemetery help  (Read 254 times)

Offline Colinbegley22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Derry city cemetery help
« on: Saturday 04 August 18 16:25 BST (UK) »
Could anyone help me find the inscription on the grave of my great grandparents buried in the cemetery.
I have the dates of their deaths and their address in Derry.
 any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks in advance

Colin
Begley Robinson Peoples Kinkaid

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Colinbegley22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Derry city cemetery help
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 August 18 12:47 BST (UK) »
With a massive thanks to "DoireM" he has been able to find the grave number of this grave, it is "S b 698". If any kind soul would happen to be in the cemetery and know where this is, could they take a photo of the headstone for me. There is also a James begley in the grave too which I didn't know about.

Thanks in advance

Colin

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline navarrom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 August 18 02:22 BST (UK) »
With a massive thanks to "DoireM" he has been able to find the grave number of this grave, it is "S b 698". If any kind soul would happen to be in the cemetery and know where this is, could they take a photo of the headstone for me. There is also a James begley in the grave too which I didn't know about.

Thanks in advance

Colin

Colin, not sure if I'm allowed to post links here, but there's a group on Facebook called Friends of Derry City Cemetery Historic Headstones. Also, if you go to Find a Grave, there are a few photo-volunteers in the area.

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 August 18 05:04 BST (UK) »
Seamus Beslin - Project Coordinator of the Friends of Derry Cemetery would be the man to see.

cheers
Jack
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

Offline Colinbegley22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 August 18 17:08 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to all that advised and helped, I got all the information and photos I needed from Seamus breslin and Martin Peake, and marie (doire m). And a very kind girl in the office of Derry city cemetery.