Author Topic: Looking for a grave and cremation location in Allerton Cemetary in Liverpool  (Read 7266 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a grave and cremation location in Allerton Cemetary in Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 August 18 23:21 BST (UK) »
John Gostage Bibby (born 26th June 1929 in Liverpool), who died on 17th September 1976 in Liverpool, not sure when he was cremated, but his remains were put somewhere in an unmarked cremation area in Allerton.

Do you mean they were scattered?  I'm not sure but I think it would be unusual for ashes to be buried in an unmarked grave.  If the ashes were scattered officially by the crematorium they would have been scattered on one of a number of plots.   Again - the staff would have the plot number on their database
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Enumerated

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a grave and cremation location in Allerton Cemetary in Liverpool
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 August 18 13:27 BST (UK) »

As you have her exact death date and the cemetary I am surprised you have been asked to pay.  I thought they only charged if they had to make a search
They do have to search as they don't know how soon after death she was buried. In a busy cemetery that could mean searching many pages of the burial register. Then they have to find the relevant plot map and photocopy it. All this takes time away from their regular duties.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 August 18 17:55 BST (UK) »
My impression was that everything is now held on a database.   

I made enquiries of the same nature last year at Carleton and Lytham cemetaries and was given the info over the phone as everything is on computer.  Both were for dates long before 1976
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Enumerated

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 August 18 16:13 BST (UK) »
Not everything. Some cemeteries have digitised their historical registers but many have not and it is still necessary to consult the original register books.

Offline Christine848CW

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 January 23 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi, did your grandad John Bibby have a daughter called Pamela Louise Alice Bibby? Im trying to find a John Bibby on ancestry and John Gostage Bibby came up but i'm not sure if i have the correct person but i do know his wife's maiden name was page.