Author Topic: Is there a limit?  (Read 6776 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is there a limit?
« on: Sunday 05 August 18 10:43 BST (UK) »
I seem to be making a lot of posts here for help getting through my 'brick walls' and have received superb help but I wonder if there is a limit of posts that a person can make or do the researchers like more and more?
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a limit?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 August 18 10:53 BST (UK) »
Keep them coming  ;D   

Make sure that you mention if you have posted about them before and give the link to previous post.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 August 18 10:53 BST (UK) »
I've given up on helping a few who seem to take the mick .

but if you are genuinely stuck rather than cant-be-arsed to search the GRO indexes for particular births/deaths or log into to familysearch to access records there, then I don't think anyone "minds".

whatever you DO ask for assistance with then ensure that it's clear what you already have, and what way you are trying to go . And if you are looking for GG-p's baptism, dont say "I have his her marriage" , say when and where the marriage occurred too
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 August 18 10:54 BST (UK) »
There's no limit but it is best to stick to one family/person at a time. We're easily confused.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 August 18 11:11 BST (UK) »
I always check my facts on the web sites before asking on here. Usually most of the posts are for other parts of the World unless I get a really difficult one in the UK. I don't like to waste you guys time and energy.
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline jbml

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 August 18 11:17 BST (UK) »
The only limit is that of other people's patience - and as genealogists we are, by definition, a patient bunch!

As others have said, it helps to be very clear in what you are asking, and to make it as easy as possible for those who wish to help you to do so.

Two further pieces of advice I would offer are to give your threads short but succinct titles from which it is very clear that they are asking for assistance and what assistance it is that they are asking for; and to go back and amend the title by the inclusion of the word "COMPLETED" in block capitals once you have received the assistance you need and/or found the answer(s) you were looking for.
All identified names up to and including my great x5 grandparents: Abbot Andrews Baker Blenc(h)ow Brothers Burrows Chambers Clifton Cornwell Escott Fisher Foster Frost Giddins Groom Hardwick Harris Hart Hayho(e) Herman Holcomb(e) Holmes Hurley King-Spooner Martindale Mason Mitchell Murphy Neves Oakey Packman Palmer Peabody Pearce Pettit(t) Piper Pottenger Pound Purkis Rackliff(e) Richardson Scotford Sherman Sinden Snear Southam Spooner Stephenson Varing Weatherley Webb Whitney Wiles Wright

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 August 18 11:20 BST (UK) »
and to go back and amend the title by the inclusion of the word "COMPLETED" in block capitals once you have received the assistance you need and/or found the answer(s) you were looking for.

To complete a topic you should do as suggested here, then it puts a green tick against it

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=377049.msg2502807#msg2502807
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 05 August 18 11:30 BST (UK) »
A puzzle is always welcome and brick walls can be far more interesting to look into than a simple search  ;D

Kay

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 05 August 18 11:58 BST (UK) »
I think that all of us on here like to help - that's part of the reason we joined.

There is a huge difference between people, such as yourself, who have obviously tried to find things for themselves and those who haven't even bothered to check all the free, well known sites. I find that very strange, especially when they are not newcomers to this, or any other site.

So keep asking and we'll keep solving.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk