Author Topic: Is there a limit?  (Read 6782 times)

Online PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a limit?
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 16:05 BST (UK) »
This whole thread is rather concerning in my opinion and I am surprised it has been allowed to stand given the behaviour of one particular moderator recently. Seems its one rule for them and another for the rest of us. Wonder how long this message lasts …..

I think you are muck-stirring for the sake of it.
If you genuinely feel that the moderator(s) do a poor job, then don't use the site.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 16:12 BST (UK) »
I think you are muck-stirring for the sake of it.
If you genuinely feel that the moderator(s) do a poor job, then don't use the site.

Hey I was the one that got an abusive PM etc from a moderator not you so please don't be so offensive as to accuse me of muck stirring
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 16:16 BST (UK) »
David as you know there is the "report to moderator button" to report any problem, you have used the button often quite recently. You also know how to make contact with us if there is a problem and you know how fair we are with folk even when folk are "totally out of order", there has never been any reports of problems with any moderator.

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk